SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

ExeMultiTuner Bug

I seem to have noticed that if two shows are set to record at the exact same time it seems that the ExeMultiTuner only recoreds one of the two shows. How can I get it to record both (I have 3 STB's). I set up a batch file to verify this with a log so I changed the registry entries to the batch file and this is what is displayed in the log:

DCT2000 Serial Tuner EXE version 2.0.1
SystemRoot is: C:\WINDOWS
Initializing Tuner Using port: COM1....Done
Setting tuner to channel 140 on device Box1....Done
Shutting down tuner....Done
Mon 03/10/2008
05:00 PM

The other show is not listed in the log. I'm not sure if this only happens with the batch file I created or if I have to have it run DCT.EXE. Is there a more reliable way to do this? We are losing a lot of shows and I never thought serial could be so unreliable (at least with these Motorola 2500 STB's).

Mike
Old 03-10-2008, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

All I can give is some anecdotal evidence. I've been running 2 STB's using ExeMultiTuner for about 2 years. I have never missed a single recording in all that time. Both STB's are scheduled to tune shows during the same time slot quite often.

Can multiple instances of DCT.exe run concurrently?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

May I ask what version of exemultituner (maybe a date and time) you are running? This whole thing has been extremely frustrating. For one, the dct.exe does not always propertly tune the STB's I have. Second, it seems that it does not tune two shows at the same time. But, I'm not sure if that is because I was running a batch file so that I could create a log. I'm ready to just dump these STB's and find another solution.

Mike