SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Sage User

USB-UIRT 'Failed setting the infrared transmitter port!'

I get the error message " Failed setting the infrared transmitter port!" when I try to install a new video source which involves using a cable set top box. I would like to use the USB-Uirt as the transmitter to change the channels.

I have the latest Windows 7, 64 bit drivers installed and the remote control part of the USB-Uirt is working fine.

I can not find an line referring to the transmitter in the properties file. I do not know where to look for the error. There is no other program using the transmitter. Although I did try to us it in conjunction with setting my STB using the fire-wire port. This port however will not work with my STB in 64 bit mode so the setup was never completed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo67 View Post
I get the error message " Failed setting the infrared transmitter port!" when I try to install a new video source which involves using a cable set top box. I would like to use the USB-Uirt as the transmitter to change the channels.
Are you running SageTV as a service?

If yes, then this is the source of the problem: you cannot use the USB-UIRT as both a receiver (for controlling SageTV with your remote) and a transmitter (for blasting IR codes to your set top box).

This is because the USB-UIRT (drivers) cannot be shared by process that runs in different security context.

So either you don't run SageTV as a service, or you need to use a third party software that will completely manage the USB-UIRT device and offer it services to SageTV (with remote mapping and channel change plug-in : just like my software - see signature)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

StephaneM,

I was having the same problem (running Sage as a service in Win7-64bit, attempting to use USBUIRT for both remote receiver and IR blaster).

I started out not running as a service and everything worked. Then I switched to service mode and the remote continued to work, but the blaster stopped changing channels on the cable box...

I saw your posts so I tried installing the free version of your LM Remote Keymap software (I wanted to try it out and make sure it works for me before I pay for the donation version). I am using a Hauppauge 45-button remote with the USBUIRT as a receiver and a blaster to my 2 Comcast Cable Boxes (using Zone Control). But, I cannot get it all to work properly...

I first mapped all the buttons on my Hauppauge remote to a virtual remote in the LMR software. Then I mapped the virtual remote to the Sage functions. I used the keystroke commands for most of the buttons, but there were some functions with no keystroke assigned, so I tried the SendMessage commands for these.

I cannot get any of the SendMessage commands to work. The keystroke commands all work except for the Guide button which is ^X (Control+X).

For SendMEssage I am using command 1258 (this is the WM_USER + 234 as defined in the Sage Manual), w param = 0, and l param = the command code listed (84 = Music Jukebox). I also tried a command of just 234, but it didn't work either.

I noticed that the Sage Manual lists the Window Class as "SageApp" or SageClientApp, and the Window Name as SageWin, but when I use LMR to auto-populate those fields it fills in different names. I have tried using the values that LMR auto-populates, the values from the Sage Manual, and leaving these fields blank, but none works.

I was able to create a test command that sends command 16 (WM_CLOSE) to close the window and that worked. My only guess is that WM_USER has changed in Win7 and is no longer 0x0400. Is this possible?

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I noticed that the Sage Manual lists the Window Class as "SageApp" or SageClientApp, and the Window Name as SageWin, but when I use LMR to auto-populate those fields it fills in different names. I have tried using the values that LMR auto-populates, the values from the Sage Manual, and leaving these fields blank, but none works.
You need to use the values of the SageTV manual. However these values cannot be used in the LM RKM application profile definition because they designate a window within SageTV and not the main SageTV window.

So when you want to use SendMessage you have to use a FindWindow before (to find the SageTV "control" window)

I created profiles for SageTV in the online database that do use SendMessage (personally I still use keyboard shortcuts)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Sage User

It has been over a month and I do not remember how I set it up but my Sage is now working thanks to LM software. I still use Sage as a service.

I have a Logitech remote that I programed as a Snapstream IR remote. Then I programed the LM to get the remote codes and send them to the Sage program. I have only one cable box and it changes channels correctly.

The only problem remaining is to wake the computer from S3 sleep. I have used the usb-uirt program 'lrnhelper version 0_0_5' to 'solve' the problem of waking an S3 sleeping machine but it does not work.
SageTv 7 latest updates, Motherboard Gigabyte GAMA790GP-DS4H Bios v.f6, CPU AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition 550, Video ATI 4670, 8 gig memory, Windows 7 64 bit, Usb Uirt driver 20601 firmware 5.9, Motherboard Gig Nic, OTA Tuners: HDHomeRun with 20100213 firmware and software, Avermedia PCIe m780 with latest drivers
Old 12-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo67 View Post
The only problem remaining is to wake the computer from S3 sleep. I have used the usb-uirt program 'lrnhelper version 0_0_5' to 'solve' the problem of waking an S3 sleeping machine but it does not work.
I may be wrong here but I think this feature doesn't work (yet) on Windows 7 (64 bits only or not, not sure). There are threads about this on the USB-UIRT forum (one thread does state that using an old USB-UIRT driver fix the issue, don't know if it is a 64 bits drivers though.)

Regards,
Stéphane.

Last edited by StephaneM; 12-31-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added USB-UIRT forum link for the Win7/S3 wake up issue.

Tags
infrared transmitter port, usb-uirt error