SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:20 AM
Sage User

"Failed setting infrared transmitter port" Hauppague 45 btn MCE Rollup

My remote can change cable channels if I use windows MC.
Sage senses my remote, because I can use it to flip through the settings, and I can use my remote to flip through the guide while watching TV on Sage. However, I cannot change the channel. The guide number changes, and I get info for the next channel, but the channel itself remains the same.

So, I've been reading through posts, trying to find the answer to this issue, but they all seem to go back to replacing the ini and restarting ir.exe. Well, I have no IR.exe. Windows Media Center rollup controls the infrared remote.
I even did a search to see if there was an ir.exe on my drive, no go. I think the rollup stops the hauppage from installing its own ir.

I have hauppage pvr usb2. I've tried following the pdf instructions and tried selecting tuner, composite, s video. But in the end, when I try to select infrared, I get the "failed setting infrared" error.

I am growing tired.
Please help.
Thanks,
Al
Old 09-02-2006, 05:41 AM
SageTVaholic

If you're using a MCE remote and receiver Sage cannot use the blasting capabilities of the MCE receiver natively. You have to use a 3rd party software like Girder or HIP and replace the Windows driver of the receiver with a different one. See plugins from either one of the programs I mentioned to see how to do it. There are also posts about it in the forum.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Sage User

Thank you for your prompt reply.
So, let me wrap my head around this. Sage TV has an entry under setup commands for the hauppage 45 button remote, but it doesn't support it. I don't get it.
And SageTV can recognize my remote enough to change the guide, but not enough to change the channel.
And as to SageTV not recognizing MCE remotes, why is there an entry for those as well?

I don't mind paying for software, but for the amount of setup and tweaking this is requiring, it's more like freeware. If Hip is required, it should be bundled with configuration files.
Girder is not free.

Thanks,
Al
Old 09-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Sage User

Channels don't change with remote or keyboard

ok, I thought it was just my remote. But if I use my keyboard - ctrl - x and then select a channel and hit watch now, nothing happens.

I have a hauppague pvr usb2. I would think it should be configured as tuner, but if I do so, I get nothing but snow. Then I configured as S Video and I get a picture, I get guide, but no channel changing - either by keyboard or remote. Is this correct? I have read through the pdf over and over, but am not understanding. Forgive my obtuseness.

Thanks,
Al
Old 09-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Sage User

Help- Sage Tunes to only ONE channel

Well, at least it's HBO, but I'd like to be able to watch different channels. At first I thought it was the remote. The guide would change, but the channel wouldn't. Then I tried manually changing. I'd ask to WATCH LIVE TV now.
No matter what I do, sage stays on one channel. I've deleted the device and put it back in. Doesn't matter - always plays same channel.
I'm sure its something lame I'm doing. I've spent the morning reading faqs, forums and googling.
Sometimes it appears that another channel IS being recorded, but when I try to switch to that channel, nothing happens. I've found the files in the media folder that Sage was actually recording, but no way was I ever able to go to those channels and watch.

I have a Hauppague pvr USB 2. If I use windows media center, everything works as it should. I am trying out sage because I want to be able to view on different pc's/tv's. If there is an easier way to do that, fine by me.

Thanks,
Al
Old 09-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage User

OK, so if I physically change the channel on my cable box, the channel changes on sage.

This is how it was working under Windows MCE :

The Hauppague pvr usb2 is connected to my cable box. I have the Hauppage 45 key IR Remote on the Time Warner Cable Box.
Changed the channel using remote, and windows MC would change channel to match.

Can someone tell me what configuration I need to use in Sage?

Thanks,
Al
Old 09-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

This is the Hauppauge remote that can be used with SageTV as the Hauppauge remote selected in setup. If you have an MCE kit, you have an MCE remote & should choose that remote option instead.

If you do have an MCE kit, then as was mentioned to you previously, you'll neeed something like HIP or Girder to control it so that SageTV can change the channels on your external box.

The PVR-USB2 doesn't come with a Hauppuge blaster, like some models of the PVR-150 do, so my guess is you have an MCE kit with an MCE remote + blaster.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Sage User

Problems changing channels with MCE remote/blaster

I haven't been able yet to change channels using an MCE remote and blaster. I found this information on the forum that may be helpful for you. Go to the 10th post in this string. There are detailed instruction on what to do to get it to work.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=mce+blaster;)