SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:12 PM

Hauppauge HVR-1600 remote doesn't work

Ok i have the Hauppauge HVR-1600 with the newer silver 45 button remote.

I have read over this post and about five others concerning this issue so many times and tried everything i can. All to no avail. I am extremely frustrated and was wondering if you could give me a straightforward answer as to what i need to do to make this work.

Once again, i want the remote to simply work on SageTV. I have the ir.exe running, and yes my remote gives off signals. But nothing happens. I couldn't even get it to work with WinTV7.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me solve this issue
Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Since you can't get it to work with WinTV, you should contact Hauppauge tech support. If the remote won't work with Hauppauge's software, it won't work with anything else.

If you have the MCE kit version of the tuner with a USB remote receiver/blaster, then you have an MCE remote.

If you have multiple Hauppauge tuners, the Hauppauge IR software may be locking on to another tuner and trying to use its IR receiver instead, even if that tuner has no IR receiver connected or even no way to connect one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the quick response Andy. I'll contact Hauppauge tech support tomorrow and see if they can get this working for WinTV. Then i will attempt to use it with SageTV
Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Similar problem

Hello,

I have a similar problem, except that my 45 button remote was working perfectly until I stupidly allowed Windows Update to update the Hauppauge drivers for my two Hauppauge cards, the PVR-150 and HVR-1600. When the computer rebooted, everything worked but the remote.

I have since gone back and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers using the latest downloads from Hauppauge. Same result - everything works but the remote. I can see in the process list that ir.exe is running, but no response from SageTV.

Am I missing something?

Tom
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Sage User

I have the same problem did you ever find a solution
Old 12-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have found that if one has more than one Hauppauge tuner in the system the remote sensor will work on the last card for which you install the drivers. In my case, I install the drivers for my HD-PVR first, then those for my HVR-1600.

That way I can use the sensor on one of my HVR-1600's.

Hope that helps.

Cary