SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Sage User

HDPVR - TS files

What's a good editor for the TS files the HDPVR records? I was able to edit one with MPEG Video Wizard. But upon playback, the audio is out of sync by about a second.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Sage Icon

DVRMSToolbox includes a UI for editing files TS files.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
DVRMSToolbox includes a UI for editing files TS files.
I am still looking for a good TS file editor. I've tried several, and they seem that most of them are written to assemble camcorder video clips rather than simply edit video files and write the output to a file the way VideoReDo can with mpeg2 files.

Do you have any links how the DVRMSToolbox editing works?

Dave
Old 10-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

DTB streams the file from one container into another w/ a filter that examines the timestamps in between. If the timestamps match the exclude list the filter swallows the sample.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Sage Icon

VideoReDo is still in alpha testing for their h.264 file editor. You have to be a registered owner of their TVSuite software (the more expensive choice) and a registered forum member. Then you simply PM the moderator and they will get you hooked up.

There must be some non-disclosure agreement as well because there hasn't been a peep from any of the testers on their forum (at least not that a quick search uncovered).

So if you already own VideoReDo, you might want to check it out. If you don't own it, it probably isn't worth the effort or $ at this point.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 10-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Sage User

Here's one I've seen recommended. I've downloaded it but haven't installed it yet.

Main Concept Reference is the name of the program. You can probably google it.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

The problem I see with all these programs that you have to pay for is that for most of us, they simply are not worth the money IMHO for our desired use. I just cannot justify paying $60-100 for a program to edit out commercials when I can buy a 1tb drive (and probably a 1.5tb drive soon) for the same amount of money.

I guess if you have 2-3tb of shows or more that you want to edit, then buying the program and editing the shows down is less expensive than buying HD space to store "the commericals." But if you have less than that in shows you would actually edit down and save, then buying HD space is more economical and saves a lot of time too.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by david zero View Post
Here's one I've seen recommended. I've downloaded it but haven't installed it yet.

Main Concept Reference is the name of the program. You can probably google it.
I Googled "Main Concept Reference". They have a lot of software on that web site. It is not clear which one works with the TS files. The sofware I saw on their website was mostly around $590. I saw one around $500 and one priced at $3,000.

There website does not look very promising. Its not clear if they are offering very expensive codecs only, or also offering video editing software that can edit TS files.

Dave
Old 10-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
VideoReDo is still in alpha testing for their h.264 file editor. You have to be a registered owner of their TVSuite software (the more expensive choice) and a registered forum member. Then you simply PM the moderator and they will get you hooked up.

There must be some non-disclosure agreement as well because there hasn't been a peep from any of the testers on their forum (at least not that a quick search uncovered).

So if you already own VideoReDo, you might want to check it out. If you don't own it, it probably isn't worth the effort or $ at this point.
I own both VideoReDo and VideoReDo Suite. I tried to PM before on their forum, and that wasn't an option. I asked if I could try the h.264 version in the open on their forum, and did not get any response. Today, the PM was an option, so I PM'ed a request to try the h.264.

If h.264 works with VideoReDo Suite, it would be a good solution. VideoReDo Suite does allow you to burn DVDs with one software package, as opposed to using VideoReDo and something else to burn the DVDs. Burning DVDs with VideoReDo Suite is extremely slow compared to other burning software. However, if aren't in a hurry, and can walk away and do something else, it is OK.

Dave
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I Googled "Main Concept Reference". They have a lot of software on that web site. It is not clear which one works with the TS files. The sofware I saw on their website was mostly around $590. I saw one around $500 and one priced at $3,000.

There website does not look very promising. Its not clear if they are offering very expensive codecs only, or also offering video editing software that can edit TS files.

Dave
Here is the main link. It looks like the editing software is free, but you have to pay to the codex inorder for the edits to not have a watermark. I guess you are suppose to download the porgram, edit some files and see which codex it uses. Then you buy just the codex you need. But I pulled up one of the h.264 codexes and it was $99.
OpenDCT