SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-01-2009, 08:09 AM

First few seconds of recording with ir blaster...

Is there an easy way to remove the first few seconds of a recording. The previously tuned channel shows on the box while the ir blaster is changing it to the desired content. I would hate the kids to see inappropriate content while their show is being tuned. This probably has been answered previously, but I couldn't find it.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Administrator

In Sage.properties, you could set each tuner's mmc/encoders/<some number>/delay_to_wait_after_tuning value to force it to wait a few seconds after tuning before it starts recording. The value is in milliseconds, so for example: use 4000 for a 4 second delay.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 AM

Awesome, thanks a bunch.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
In Sage.properties, you could set each tuner's mmc/encoders/<some number>/delay_to_wait_after_tuning value to force it to wait a few seconds after tuning before it starts recording. The value is in milliseconds, so for example: use 4000 for a 4 second delay.
I'm wondering if tweaking this parameter will help with a new problem I'm experiencing:
Comcast just moved some of my most-recorded channels to different QAM locations, and my 1600 is having trouble tuning them, and so missing recordings. For now, I've disabled those channels and am recording via STB and USBIRT on another tuner, but I want my QAM back. What's happening now is that when I try to record, it doesn't tune and the recording gets lost. When I preview the channel, it comes up zero strength, but if I click preview a second time, it will tune in at 88%. Will adjusting the tuning delay give it time to tune successfully? Would re-scanning help? (I entered the channel locations manually, based on where my QAM-tuning TV found them). Or, am I doomed to buy another analog tuner and pay for another STB to regain my recording flexibility?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

No. You need to fix your signal strength. It sounds like you are experiencing very borderline signal strength and sometimes the 1600 is able to tune it and other times it is not.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
No. You need to fix your signal strength. It sounds like you are experiencing very borderline signal strength and sometimes the 1600 is able to tune it and other times it is not.
I already have the signal amplified as it comes in, and where it splits to go into the QAM and STB inputs. Any other ways to fix? The channel (MSNBC) worked fine at 88.2, now it's at 72.2 and flaky. A few other stations were moved from the 88-90 range down to 71-74 and some work better than others.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.