SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Recording a program after the Hauppauge IR Blaster sends the IR signal to my cablebox

Hi All,

Is there a way to record a program after the Hauppauge IR Blaster sends the IR signal to my cablebox? To be specific, If the current channel on my cablebox is channel 9 and I have a scheduled recording for 5pm on channel 10, the SageTV software will start recording at exactly 5pm and then a split second later it will change the channel from 9 to channel 10. When I watch the recording the first second of the recording will show the program on channel 9 and then show the program on channel 10. Is there a way to delay the recording a few seconds so it doesn’t record the channel change?

Thanks.

Jon
Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know about that, but you can skip the first few seconds automatically during playback!

see http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20082
Old 06-18-2008, 01:47 PM

Thanks. I did see that thread. Unforunately I want to burn the MPEG file onto a dvd right after I record the program. Without this delay of recording, I would have to edit the MPEG to trim the first 1-2 seconds of the program. I did take a peak at the "sage.properties" files to see if there were any parameters that would delay recording by a few milliseconds. No luck with my limited programming experience. Hopefully someone on this forum might have some code to do that.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:10 PM

Hauppauge IR blaster customization

Hi,

Is there a way to configure the Hauppauge IR blaster to send a channel change signal 2 seconds earlier?

My Sage TV Media Center 6.3 software changes the
channel (using the Hauppauge IR blaster) before the recording of the show.
To be specific... If my current channel is channel 9, and I want to record a
show on channel 10 at 5pm, the Sage TV software will start to record at
exactly 5pm (with the current channel at channel 9) and then a split second
later the Sage TV software will instruct the Hauppauge IR to change the
channel to 10. So when you watch the recorded show the first sec is channel
9 on the rest of the recording is the correct channel 10.

Thanks.

* merged *
Old 06-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Administrator

I recently asked about this & was told there will be a new setting to try in the next version that should delay the recording for some time period after the channel change command is sent to the STB. So, check back with the next beta.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.