SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can you help troubleshooting a DVB EPG problem?

Hi,

My SageTV server has a USB DVB-T tuner which has been working well and retrieving EPG data for a couple of months now.

Just over a week ago one of the channels suddenly stopped retrieving the EPG (Channel 9, Sydney -- for all their channels, HD / SD / Go! / Channel Guide (which is currently showing Go! programming)). Just shows "No Data". Other channels are fine.

The interesting thing is that reception is good and that a digital TV, when plugged into the same outlet, DOES receive & show EPG.

It seems there is a problem with SageTV.

I tried re-tuning, but this hasn't helped.

Forum searches haven't really turned up anything too helpful.

So I'm sorta stuck. Can anyone suggest what to try next?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Try removing the source completely and then set it up as if new and scan. Possibly try and check signal strength for that channel.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFusion View Post
Hi,

My SageTV server has a USB DVB-T tuner which has been working well and retrieving EPG data for a couple of months now.

Just over a week ago one of the channels suddenly stopped retrieving the EPG (Channel 9, Sydney -- for all their channels, HD / SD / Go! / Channel Guide (which is currently showing Go! programming)). Just shows "No Data". Other channels are fine.

The interesting thing is that reception is good and that a digital TV, when plugged into the same outlet, DOES receive & show EPG.

It seems there is a problem with SageTV.

I tried re-tuning, but this hasn't helped.

Forum searches haven't really turned up anything too helpful.

So I'm sorta stuck. Can anyone suggest what to try next?

Thanks!
Sounds like you are using the EPG from the broadcast signal. Can I suggest you to replace it with EPG from OzTivo using the Grabber from EpgStream.net.au. It is free and much better than OTA EPG for Sage's purpose. I am in Sydney too, PM me if you need help. I believe this is the best free solution for us in Australia.
SageTV 6.6.2 / 42" Plasma Panasonic TH-42PX600A/ Intel Pentium DC E6500/ 2Gb Ram/KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T/ Logitech Harmony Remote X360/ Gigabyte GeForce 8500 GT (Silent)/ Winfast DTV1000T/ WD Caviar Green 808Gb HD/ Win 7 Ultimate/ Mission Cinema 7/ Denon AVR-1800
Old 10-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

In the end, deleted all the known channels, source, etc; then re-created. EPG came back.

No idea as to cause, sorry.