SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Sage Expert

Series screen unreadable; Loading modified menus on HD2000

I've got two questions. First, something happened to my Series recordings page and now I can't read it. Any idea on what's causing this and how do I fix it? See attached image to understand what I'm talking about.

Second, I've made some modifications to my menu using the right-click menu editor thingy. I've saved out the changes and when I start SageTV on the server, I see the modified menu. I do not, however, see the changes on my HD2000. Any ideas on what's going on with this as well?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg series.jpg (91.5 KB, 206 views)
Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
The screenshot looks like an old issue, it was fixed awhile back. Are you using the latest version of SageMC?

Did you create the menu on the server or the extender, you should make changes on the extender if you want to see them there. You could also try loading the modified server menu into the extender.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
The screenshot looks like an old issue, it was fixed awhile back. Are you using the latest version of SageMC?
Nah, same version I've been using for a long while. It just started happening. Maybe something in the upgrade to the latest version. I'll try the latest version.

Quote:
Did you create the menu on the server or the extender, you should make changes on the extender if you want to see them there. You could also try loading the modified server menu into the extender.
I did it on the server. I thought that the extenders used whatever was configured for the server. Here's a dumb question, when I save the file am I saving a separate menu file or is this a replacement for my sagemc-16x9.xml file? How do I load the modified server menu on the extender?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
I did it on the server. I thought that the extenders used whatever was configured for the server. Here's a dumb question, when I save the file am I saving a separate menu file or is this a replacement for my sagemc-16x9.xml file? How do I load the modified server menu on the extender?
Dunno about the first one...

When you save a menu file it doesn't write a new SageMC16x9.xml it writes a menu.xml. So for example I use sagemc_menu_jam_ 02.xml. I can then load this into all my extenders one at a time.

Extenders allow you to use the same STVi's or STV's thats installed on your server, but they have there own .properties files so you can set them up differently if you wanted to.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
When you save a menu file it doesn't write a new SageMC16x9.xml it writes a menu.xml. So for example I use sagemc_menu_jam_ 02.xml. I can then load this into all my extenders one at a time.
How do you go from menu.xml to sagemc_menu_jam_02.xml? I don't understand how the menu.xml is selected for use. Is there a spot in the detailed setup to select that file? Sorry, I must be dense.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How do you go from menu.xml to sagemc_menu_jam_02.xml? I don't understand how the menu.xml is selected for use. Is there a spot in the detailed setup to select that file? Sorry, I must be dense.
You just rename it in SageMC options. hopefully we're not talking about different things

I've attached a screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menu xml.jpg (75.8 KB, 185 views)
Old 08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Sage Expert

Ahh.. Okay.. Got it now. Will give it a try. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

RE the table scrunching issue... one of the Sage 6.5.x betas introduced this into SageMC (that was fixed in one of the SageMC 6.3.9a.x betas). Upgrade to SageMC 6.3.9a and you should be all good
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am pretty sure it "just started happening" because you added enough series recordings to trigger the bug. I had it too. The latest SageMC pre-release (SageMC 6.3.9a pre-release 46) definitely fixes it. It is out here somewhere.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Actually there is a new release that is newer than pre-release 46. See: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=22
Old 08-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You just rename it in SageMC options. hopefully we're not talking about different things

I've attached a screenshot.
Okay, so I've got the part about saving out the menu file, but I can't figure out how to load it on the extender. How do I select the new menu file for the extender? It works fine on the server. I'm guessing I need to somehow tell it to load the menu file? The menu xml file is not the same thing as the SageMC-169.xml file right? I tried loading my custom xml menu as the STV and I just got a black screen. Grrr.. Help!
Old 08-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Okay, so I've got the part about saving out the menu file, but I can't figure out how to load it on the extender. How do I select the new menu file for the extender? It works fine on the server. I'm guessing I need to somehow tell it to load the menu file? The menu xml file is not the same thing as the SageMC-169.xml file right? I tried loading my custom xml menu as the STV and I just got a black screen. Grrr.. Help!
Yeah, you didn't want to do that. Is the screen still black? If it is then the easiest way to go back is to edit the sage.properties file. Look for a line that begins with STV= and remove everything after the = . Mine currently looks like this:

STV=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageTV3.xml.

Now look at my screenshot from above and you'll see Load other menu file....

That should do the trick.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Now look at my screenshot from above and you'll see Load other menu file....
That should do the trick.
Right, but how do I do it on the hd2000? The menus for the server and the hd2000 are different even though I am using the same sagemc-169.xml file. I cannot get them to sync/match.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Right, but how do I do it on the hd2000? The menus for the server and the hd2000 are different even though I am using the same sagemc-169.xml file. I cannot get them to sync/match.
Its because your HD200 doesn't use the same .properties as your server, like I said above. Each server, client, HD100, HD200 etc has its own .properties.

Goto the HD200 and open the menu options, just the same as you did on the server (remote has an options key) and load the menu file you want. Once you do this, it will write the data needed to the HD200 .properties file. The Extender .properties files can be found at C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\clients.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
... (remote has an options key) ...
That's the piece I was missing. I got it working and now I can control my lights from my menu. Thanks so much!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's the piece I was missing. I got it working and now I can control my lights from my menu. Thanks so much!
Glad you got it worked out
Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

I have the same problem too. However, I am using two different unique properties files, one for my HD-200, and another one for another clients. However, it only looks wrong on the HD-200. What's the easiest way to fix this? Since I can't just copy the properties file from one machine to the next without losing lots of work, I'm guessing there's a specific part of the properties file that I need to copy over to the one that shows it wrong?

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been meaning to post this issue for a while.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I have the same problem too. However, I am using two different unique properties files, one for my HD-200, and another one for another clients. However, it only looks wrong on the HD-200. What's the easiest way to fix this? Since I can't just copy the properties file from one machine to the next without losing lots of work, I'm guessing there's a specific part of the properties file that I need to copy over to the one that shows it wrong?

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been meaning to post this issue for a while.

-Michael
I'm not quite sure what you mean but if you look at your properties you'll see a line like:

sagemc/main_menu_xml_file=

My full line is:

sagemc/main_menu_xml_file=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\sagemc_menu_jam_ 02.xml

However, if it looks different from one machine to the other your best bet is to probably load the same menu.xml into the HD200 then save the menu as a different name. You can then make slight adjustments to align things or whatever without affecting the other clients. I don't think this what you mean though...