SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just one of the many reasons I love Sage

I just Love Sage
for the ease of just telling Sage to record a show,
as in go forth and figure it out when it will be played and if the schedule changes due to a sports event or something adjust my recording accordingly.
I am loving it
Thanks Sage Team

as Quoted on www.avsforum.com by Fallen Kell
link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post16949504

Quote:
I actually have two front ends, one for live view and one for watching previously recoded shows. But that is just because I like to tinker (the second one is Media Portal, which supposidly can record from the HD PVR, but I much prefer SageTV's recording interface and algorithms (i.e. being show centric not time centric, so in SageTV I just say record "Lost" and it will record it on any and all channels that it might be showing as well at programming changes and channel line-ups for things like sports games or scheduled special events, etc., which would cause the show to not be on a certain week, or I can even tell it to only record new episodes... Media Portal only lets me say to record a certain channel at a certain time of the day... so if something happens like the show being pushed back an hour, or changing dates, I would have to go and change the recording schedules.... Sage does all the for me automatically). Anyway, I like Media Portal's overall look/feel and the interface as a whole, but the recording part needs some love still.
Please feel free to post why you love Sage
Thanks
Scat

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT

Last edited by scat; 08-07-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: added link
Old 08-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Personally I love it purely because its the only one that works, all the rest work sometimes but more often than not will crash or flip out within a couple of days....... Sage is rock solid for weeks/months at a time. Thinking about it, my old Sky system crashed more often than Sage and thats a retail box.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Love SageTV?
I don't.
I hate SageTV.
I hate that I have to constantly buy bigger harddrives.
I hate that I have to buy all new TVs so they are capable of displaying glorious HD videos.
I hate that I have to buy all new HD Extenders for my HDTVs to watch all the the glorious HD shows.
I hate that I have to upgrade my internet upstream connection so that I can stream the glorious HD shows to my office at work.
I hate that I can take my HD Extender with me when I travel and watch all my shows from a hotel room, only to forget to pack the remote when I checked out.
I hate that when I go to someone else's house and watch TV and have to watch commercials and can't fast forward them.
I hate that sometime people talk about funny commercials they've seen recently, and I have no idea what they are talking about.
Yeah, I hate SageTV.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 08-07-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Sage Icon

I love SageTV because of the user community and especially the developers of the plugins and STVs.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

I love SageTV for its never ending expandability, from FTA to OTA, cable, streaming internet, satellite, even security cameras. Theres no limit to its sources.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Love SageTV?
I hate that I can take my HD Extender with me when I travel and watch all my shows from a hotel room, only to forget to pack the remote when I checked out.
mayamaniac

I am interested in how to do this?
Can I take the HD Extender to work?

Scat

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT
Old 08-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Love SageTV?
I don't.
I hate SageTV.
I hate that I have to constantly buy bigger harddrives.
I hate that I have to buy all new TVs so they are capable of displaying glorious HD videos.
I hate that I have to buy all new HD Extenders for my HDTVs to watch all the the glorious HD shows.
I hate that I have to upgrade my internet upstream connection so that I can stream the glorious HD shows to my office at work.
I hate that when I go to someone else's house and watch TV and have to watch commercials and can't fast forward them.
I hate that sometime people talk about funny commercials they've seen recently, and I have no idea what they are talking about.
Yeah, I hate SageTV.

I think SageTV and everything it's related to on my home network has cost me a TON of money. So yeah, I hate SageTV too
Old 08-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to vogelap
I would love SageTV if it had an impressive, compelling UI out-of-the-box.

I would love SageTV if it was best-in-class feature-complete out-of-the-box and didn't require so many add-ons.

I would love SageTV if it more easily imported Beyond TV recordings and recording settings.

I would love SageTV if it knew I had ShowAnalyzer installed and provided commercial-skipping out-of-the-box.

I would love SageTV if I could spend time using it instead of tweaking it or expanding it. I have limited time to make the conversion from BTV to SageTV, and find myself chasing rabbits (this feature or that feature must be installed seperately (and requires 3 other things to be installed first) instead of getting the conversion done.

I would love SageTV if it was easier to upgrade to new builds after installing all the add-ons.

I am not far from loving SageTV, but I am not there yet.

Last edited by vogelap; 08-11-2009 at 05:02 AM.