SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Film Trailer Feed.

Hi,

I've written a scraper so I can download all the trailers from Apple/Yahoo etc.

I was thinking that I can easily adjust this to create a text/csv file of the film names and file URLs.

May be one of you is interested in creating an RSS feed from it (perhaps using Yahoo Pipes or some such) so people can have access via the Online Videos section, without having to download all the files?

If you are interested let me know and I'll PM you the address of a sample file to play with.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

I might be interested in this I stress might because it is coming down to time these days. I have been wanting to implement trailer support for smw but not sure how I want to go about it (stream vs local)
Old 07-31-2009, 05:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I might be interested in this I stress might because it is coming down to time these days. I have been wanting to implement trailer support for smw but not sure how I want to go about it (stream vs local)
Let me know when you have the time
Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

What nameing format does the program you have existing save the trailers in? Is there a quality setting?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What nameing format does the program you have existing save the trailers in? Is there a quality setting?
It saves them as the movie name e.g.

Saving Private Ryan.mov

It has 720P atm, but 480 and 1080 are easy enough to add. I don't do (and won't be doing) SD.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
It saves them as the movie name e.g.

Saving Private Ryan.mov

It has 720P atm, but 480 and 1080 are easy enough to add. I don't do (and won't be doing) SD.

Regards,

Nick.
Does it save them all in the same folder?
Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Does it save them all in the same folder?
Yes.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes.
Ok you peeked my interest I may be able to make add on to my movie wall to give this thing a interface. Hit me up in PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok you peeked my interest I may be able to make add on to my movie wall to give this thing a interface. Hit me up in PM.
I'm not sure what you mean. The only bit I am offering is the resultant csv file. That will just point at the mov file on Apple's servers.

Is that what you are after?

Regards,

Nick.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean. The only bit I am offering is the resultant csv file. That will just point at the mov file on Apple's servers.

Is that what you are after?

Regards,

Nick.
yes.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hmm, can't add attachment in PM so here is a sample file.
Maybe you could separate out Yahoo from Apple to avoid duplicates

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Maybe you could separate out Yahoo from Apple to avoid duplicates
There are no duplicates. That's already done.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

This has me very excited. A select few have been looking for a way to pull down all the trailers for a while now. I'm curious about whether any consideration has been/was given to the Movie Trailers add-in. It would be great if this could utilize the same location for storing the files (my preference over streaming since I like the HD trailers), since it would eliminate the trailers being downloaded twice. In fact, using some more of the settings (such as trailer quality, posters, etc.) from that add-in might be very beneficial.

You guys are awesome!
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
This has me very excited. A select few have been looking for a way to pull down all the trailers for a while now. I'm curious about whether any consideration has been/was given to the Movie Trailers add-in. It would be great if this could utilize the same location for storing the files (my preference over streaming since I like the HD trailers), since it would eliminate the trailers being downloaded twice. In fact, using some more of the settings (such as trailer quality, posters, etc.) from that add-in might be very beneficial.

You guys are awesome!
Posters etc. can be taken care of by BMT. I don't use them, but that's an option at your end. I tried it and it works fine

Just save them to a folder that Sage imports from. I have a separate trailer folder and menu item.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ideally I would want to see trailers handles 2 ways. First way would be ability to play back local trailers for movies already stored (i.e save trailer in same folder as movie). I use this app to automatically download and store my local trailers. When you go to that movie in SageTV there will be some sort of Icon you can select to play the trailer. Second way would be an interface to play back streaming trailers. I don't know how the metadata is gathered for this but XBMC/Boxee and MediaBrowser to name a few have been able to implement.

Above and beyond this would be an app that would randomly choose a few trailers (streaming and/or local) and play back when you select a movie to play, give you the movie theatre experience.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Ideally I would want to see trailers handles 2 ways. First way would be ability to play back local trailers for movies already stored (i.e save trailer in same folder as movie). I use this app to automatically download and store my local trailers. When you go to that movie in SageTV there will be some sort of Icon you can select to play the trailer. Second way would be an interface to play back streaming trailers. I don't know how the metadata is gathered for this but XBMC/Boxee and MediaBrowser to name a few have been able to implement.

Above and beyond this would be an app that would randomly choose a few trailers (streaming and/or local) and play back when you select a movie to play, give you the movie theatre experience.
Okay guys don't get going to excited yet it really is all up to me or other stvi developers on how they want to implement this into their add-in and will still require allot of coding to implement fully.

No for movie wall my preference would be trailers only stored locally as I don't want to wait for one to have to stream from the internet. Or also support the way Dbone is talking about sense that app already exist it would be easy to just take those trailers out of the grouping method and add some code to make like "pause" play the trailers.

but I also like the idea of having them all in one folder so I will have to think on this one.

And yes that was my thought as well I have a "now playing" add in that is in the works but it is a little different from the one already out.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Okay guys don't get going to excited yet it really is all up to me or other stvi developers on how they want to implement this into their add-in and will still require allot of coding to implement fully.

No for movie wall my preference would be trailers only stored locally as I don't want to wait for one to have to stream from the internet. Or also support the way Dbone is talking about sense that app already exist it would be easy to just take those trailers out of the grouping method and add some code to make like "pause" play the trailers.

but I also like the idea of having them all in one folder so I will have to think on this one.

And yes that was my thought as well I have a "now playing" add in that is in the works but it is a little different from the one already out.
Tough not to get excited, itching to ditch some of the other programs I use

Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

We're patient, just excited. We know this is a ways off due to your other projects, but figured we'd throw some ideas out there for you to chew on. I love the "now playing" idea, as well.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

This might be a stupid post, but just making sure that everyone posting in this thread is aware of the trailer downloads feature already existing in the MovieTimes plug-in...

It's currently set up to download trailers for all the currently-showing movies at the theaters that you configure (your local theaters), and delete them when they are no longer showing. You can select the quality (480, 720, 1080) that you want. They download when the MovieTimes update runs, and those that you already have are not downloaded again.

Rather than bothering to go through the MovieTimes plug-in to find the trailers, I used dynamic custom menus to make a separate menu item called "Current movie trailers" that takes me straight to the trailers folder. The only "issue" with this method is that it just sees them as video files, and therefore I have to hit "Refresh media" once a week or so, to keep them up to date.

I have always thought - and I think I once suggested it in that thread - that it would be cool to have a search function - where either you could pick movies from a checklist of available, or else just type in names, and it would download the trailers if available. Even if you would compile your "wish list" and it wouldn't get them until the next scheduled download time from MovieTimes (mine is at 3 am), it would still be a cool feature, IMO.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Sage User

Trailer Podcast

Hey Guys,

Have a look below, I am using this approach for trailers in the Online Videos, maybe we can improve it integrating with SMW for instance.

Regards

Sérgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbherculano View Post
I include a movie trailer podcast in my Online video and it is working fine. The name of the podcast is uk.podcast.filmtrailer.com

See bellow:

in CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties I included the following lines
HTML Code:
#
Category/Trailers/ThumbURL=http://blogs.voices.com/voxdaily/movie-trailer-voice-overs.jpg
Category/Trailers/LongName=Movie Trailers
Category/Trailers/ShortName=Movie Trailers
#
in CustomOnlineVideoLinks.properties
HTML Code:
#
# Movie Trailer
#
xFeedPodcastCustom/Trailers=xPodcastCustom;http://uk.podcast.filmtrailer.com/default/Latest300CinemaCreated/?channel_user_id=441100131-1
I hope that you enjoy this.

Regards
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7