SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Audio stops working over HDMI

First... is this the correct place to file a bug report? I couldn't find anywhere else to submit a bug report except the forum for beta versions.

Anyway, ever since I upgrade my HD100 to firmware "20090611 1" it tends to lose the audio over HDMI. Specifically, if I turn on the HD100 before I turn on my tv, there will be no audio over HDMI (but the digital audio out still works). The audio over HDMI won't work any more until I turn the HD100 off (with the power switch), and restart it. It didn't have this problem before I upgraded the firmware.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Sage Expert

The correct place to report a non-beta bug/request for official support:-

http://www.sagetv.com/request.html

I've updated my HD100 to the same firmware and haven't noticed any HDMI audio issues yet.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Sage User

Ok I'll do that. Meanwhile, can anyone else confirm that they are experiencing the same thing? It's entirely reproducible, it happens every time consistently, and only since the firmware upgrade.

Hitting "standby" to wake up the HD100 from standby while the TV is off causes audio over HDMI to not work until I shutdown the HD100 and restart it. Can anyone see if they can experiment to see if they can reproduce this?

I have a Sony Bravia TV. Perhaps the bug only occurs with Bravia TVs?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:27 AM

I have the same issue I think. I did not relate it to the order things were turned on/off and I was going into setup and selecting HDMI again to correct it. I have had to do this several times.

It was working fine prior to the firmware upgrade.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry to open an old post but did you get this problem sorted?

I have been using an HD 100 on a Samsung Tv without any problems. Last week I bought a Sony Bravia (will update with model number) for my bed room and changed my extenders around. Now my HD-100 has the same problems as reported above. The HD-100 works fine on other TVs just not the Sony. To make the sound work I have to change HDMI input then back with the remote. This works until you stop the media you are playing and start a new media file. As soon as you do this you loose the sound.

I also have an HD-200 that works no problems on the Sony just not the HD-100.

My HD-100s firmware is upto date and will be opening a ticket with support. Just wondering if this problem can be fixed. Do I have to downgrade the firmware?

Dean.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Sage User

I talked to Sage support and they say there isn't a fix for it at this time (that was in September, but I don't there there has been an update since then). They say the reason is "it seems your TV doesn't send EDID information when it is off so the extender goes into DVI mode instead of HDMI." So what I had to do is turn the TV on first, wait a bit, then turn on the HD100 (or turn it off and on if it was already on).

I'm using the HD200 now and it apparently doesn't have this problem (at least not with my TV).