SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wierd Problem with padding

Hi!

I just installed the 6.5.20 server version on WHS a couple of weeks back. Everything seems to be working fine except for one weird glitch. I have WWE Monday Night Raw setup as a favorite with 1 minute padding before the show and 10 minutes after the scheduled run time. Before the upgrade everything was working fine.
However, I started noticing this since last week. It would start recording a minute early however it will stop recording on time. It happened last week and it happened again today. Both times it started a minute early, but stopped at the scheduled stop time. Is there some new feature or setting in this SageTV version that is doing this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Sage Expert

Is there a recording on the same channel after WWE Monday Night Raw? If there is a recording scheduled after the WWE Monday Night Raw on the same channel, you should look for the setting 'Remove padding on back to back favorites' option in Detailed Setup->Customize and make sure it is set to No.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
Is there a recording on the same channel after WWE Monday Night Raw? If there is a recording scheduled after the WWE Monday Night Raw on the same channel, you should look for the setting 'Remove padding on back to back favorites' option in Detailed Setup->Customize and make sure it is set to No.
No, there is no recording. I have been recording this program for the past year every week and I never had this problem till I upgraded to the new beta 2 weeks back. So I definitely know its something in the beta release.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by big poppa pump View Post
No, there is no recording. I have been recording this program for the past year every week and I never had this problem till I upgraded to the new beta 2 weeks back. So I definitely know its something in the beta release.
Are you watching the show live and pressing the Stop button near the end of the show? I've noticed this new 'feature' (I'm not sure if this is in the Default STV or if this is only with the SageMC STV I'm using) where pressing Stop when the show is almost over will not only stop the playback, but also stop the recording. I assume SageTV is seeing that most of the show is watched and marks the show as Watched after a certain percentage of the show is actually watched. And then pressing the Stop button after that percentage will result in the recording being stopped early because SageTV doesn't record shows that are marked as Watched...I hope that made sense

If that's not the case, then I'd recommend installing the latest non-beta SageTV v6.6.2 release. If padding doesn't work in the latest release, then it's probably time to submit a bug report unless anybody else has any other thoughts.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

I have noticed this same behavior occasionally with previous versions, but couldn't reproduce it or detect a pattern. I am still using 6.5.9 by the way.

This same thing just happened again last week and I think I may have detected a pattern...

For me I had a favorite set for Eureka with 2 minutes padding on the front and 15 minutes on the back. The recording chopped off the 15 minutes of padding at the end just like for the OP. What I noticed though, was that the next show on that channel (SyFy) was also a favorite (Wharehouse 13). Wharehouse 13 was a repeat that had already recorded earlier in the week, but I had not watched it yet.

My system has 5 tuners, and there was only one other recording at that time and I wasn't watching anything "Live" at the time, so there was no need to chop the padding. Also, that other recording was on a different channel and Sage used a different capture device to record it than it did for Eureka.

So I think the pattern is that Sage treated this as back to back favorites on the same channel and stripped the padding, even though the second favorite wasn't recorded (and wasn't supposed to be recorded).

I have not reported this to Sage yet - I was going to wait to see if it happened again with similar circumstances.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I have noticed this same behavior occasionally with previous versions, but couldn't reproduce it or detect a pattern. I am still using 6.5.9 by the way.

This same thing just happened again last week and I think I may have detected a pattern...

For me I had a favorite set for Eureka with 2 minutes padding on the front and 15 minutes on the back. The recording chopped off the 15 minutes of padding at the end just like for the OP. What I noticed though, was that the next show on that channel (SyFy) was also a favorite (Wharehouse 13). Wharehouse 13 was a repeat that had already recorded earlier in the week, but I had not watched it yet.

My system has 5 tuners, and there was only one other recording at that time and I wasn't watching anything "Live" at the time, so there was no need to chop the padding. Also, that other recording was on a different channel and Sage used a different capture device to record it than it did for Eureka.

So I think the pattern is that Sage treated this as back to back favorites on the same channel and stripped the padding, even though the second favorite wasn't recorded (and wasn't supposed to be recorded).

I have not reported this to Sage yet - I was going to wait to see if it happened again with similar circumstances.
That's it! WWE Monday Night Raw was followed by Royal Pains. Royal Pains is set to record as a favorite every Thursday. I had recorded it last week but had not yet seen it. And this is exactly the same reason why it happened last week too.

This needs to be resolved by Sage.

I have submitted this to SageTV. Hopefully they can resolve this issue.

Last edited by big poppa pump; 07-28-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any update on this or workaround?