SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Upgraded Saturday now have wierd remote problem

I use WinLIRC to feed Grider and have been using this setup for a couple years with great succes.

I upgraded to the lates SageTV/SageClient on Saturday and now am having a wierd problem with WinLIRC and Girder. Everything works fine until I start playing a show. As soon as I start playing the show, the remote quits working. WinLIRC is still recieving input from my remote, but Girder no longer is recieving anything. When I stop the vidoe (close file) with the mouse, the remote starts working again.

The only thing I may have done different on this install is to tell it to install the remote stuff. I can't remember if I did that before so I did it on the server, but not on the client. Any idea if this could be the problem?

It really sucks to not have a remote that works while watching the show.

thanks,
Old 04-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

I moved my old install back and it all works again.

Don't have a clue why the newest version doesn't work, but at least I can feel good about making copies of my install directories before installing new verions
Old 04-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

I don't know if anyone is reading, but anybody know if Sage uses port 8735? This is the port that is used by WinLIRC and Girder to communicate with each other. It acts like Sage is taking over this port when the player starts and is blocking Girder from recieving anything from WinLIRC.

I'm not sure if I can change the port within WinLIRC, if this is the case.

thanks,
Old 04-12-2005, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

I have no problems with Sage 2.2, LIRC and girder...

Try using OpenPorts (http://www.diamondcs.com.au/openport...?page=download) to see which process is using port 8735
Old 04-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Sage Icon

Update:
I tried the openports, and the port is owned by winlirc.

I also noticed that the only time I have this problem is when I'm playing a dvd that I have ripped to my harddrive. During TV playback, both recorded and live, there are no problems.

I know this setup has worked in the past with the remoted and ripped DVDs, these exact DVDs. Something has changed that it now will not work.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Old 04-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage User

Same problem here. I installed a fresh PC (with PVR150) with Sage 2.2.8, I am using MCE remote with Girder. Same configuration works fine on another PC (with PVR350 + Sage 2.2.7); on the 'new' PC remote control stops working when the video starts playing.
I notice the same behaviour: girder stops sending events to SageTV.

Switching to Sage 2.2.7 did not help either

But.... I did even another test: I shut down Sage and started WinTV2000. Same problem there. As soon as TV is playing, girder stops working. When you press pause (with the mouse) it works again!!!!!

So this might be non-Sage related. If anybody could bring some fresh idea's that would be nice.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

I found that reverting to 2.2.7 did not work for me either. I have not upgraded my drivers in sometime, but then again, I have tried playing one of my DVDs recently either.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

I found my problem.

Seems the reclock broke things for me, if I don't use it as my audio decoder everything works again.