SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:24 AM
Sage User

Clarification on HDHR setup

I've read the instructions here on the forums about setting up the HDHR and just have a few questions. I'm running Sage 6.6.1 (need to update sig) and the current HDHR firmware.

Do I have to run the HDHR setup software from my Sage server? Last night I was running it from my laptop on the network to scan channels and such. If I can run the setup from another computer, are there any files I need to copy to the server or do I just need to run it from the server?

After scanning the channels in the HDHR software it found 178 channels. Of those 178 only 9 were checked enabled and 8 of those 9 had station call letter information filled in. For all the channels I clicked view (I tried about 25 different channels), they all came up with video, so I assume that all 178 or at least most of them are real channels. The directions make it seem like I need to manually enter station information found in zap2it for all the channals in the HDHR scanning software that don't have station info listed. Is that correct or will Sage somehow do most of this work for me when I add the HDHR in Sage (which I haven't tried yet). Thanks.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Sage User

From what I've gathered I need to view the channels in HDHR software, manually enter station call letters for all the channels, and match them to zap2it. For the channel numbers, I have a few channels that have digital tuner channel numbers like "7.1" rather than 7 like zap2it shows. Should I change 7.1 to the number for its analog counterpart 7?

I'm guessing that if I have a digital channel and a analog channel with the same channel number that Sage will use whatever tuner has a higher priority number and is available to tune that channel, so sometime it could be recorded sometimes analog and sometimes digital?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknowles View Post
The directions make it seem like I need to manually enter station information found in zap2it for all the channals in the HDHR scanning software that don't have station info listed. Is that correct
The directions don't make it seem like you need to enter the QAM channel names (and numbers) in the HDHR channel editor; they tell you that you have to enter them exactly as the Zap2it lineup displays them. Please follow the HDHR directions exactly as I wrote them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknowles View Post
I'm guessing that if I have a digital channel and a analog channel with the same channel number that Sage will use whatever tuner has a higher priority number and is available to tune that channel, so sometime it could be recorded sometimes analog and sometimes digital?
See p. 47 and/or p. 151 in the v6.6-B PDF manual, about the same channels on multiple lineups being merged in the guide.

SageTV will use whatever tuner can record a show with the best fit in the schedule, taking into consideration a priority for digital tuners vs. analog tuners, HD over SD, tuner merit, scheduling conflicts, and probably other things. But, the logical channel number itself has no relation to tuner priority.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Sage User

Alright I'll give it a shot. Just wanted to make sure before I watch and tag 170 channels. Hopefully the cable company won't rotate these around a lot and I'll have to do it all over again. Thanks.