SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Sage User

SageTV Crashes out when trying to Play a DVD

Hi All,

I have just order my HD200 and SageTV Meda Centre but I thought I would have a play around with the Beta Version while I am waiting for it to arrive.

I have been trying to get it to play a DVD but as soon as try and start to play it the entire program just closes.

I was getting an error saying it could not render the playback so I read somewhere to change to change the Video and Audio render settings back to default now it just seems to close instantly when I try and play somthing no matter what the render settings are set to.

I have a couple of DVD's ripped to Video_TS files for testing and used DVDFab to rip them, it seems to do the same for all rips

Any help would be apreciated, hopping to get it up and running before the HD200 arrives

Paul
Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Sage User

You saying that you are trying to play a DVD but later on you are saying the they are ripped to VIDEO_TS catalogs. So is this files on the hdd or a disc that you are trying to play?

If it is VIDEO_TS catalogs you should access them via media center/video (Default UI) and the catalog will show up.
If it is a disc you should access it via media center/DVD (default UI)

Also have a look at the codec settings for DVD, it is different from other files.

Good Luck
Equipment: Dell Precision 670 2x3.0GHz XEON, Win 7Pro, SageTV 7, HDD:1 TB + Rec. disk:2x500 GB (RAID), GPU: ATI HD4670, 4x FireDTV CI/T, 3x AnySee E7 T2C and Display: BenQ W6000, 120"-screen. Extenders HD 200 x 2, HD 300 x 2.