SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Client crashes trying to play Blu-Ray files (rant)

Getting Blu-Ray rips to play with Sage is not for the weak Getting then to hard drive is pretty straightforward. AnyDVD -> Hard Drive -> TSMuxer -> Movie.m2ts. Play them with the HD-200 and it looks great. Don't even have to convert the DTS-HD.

Now let's watch it on a client - sorry only blank screen, maybe sound, or just dump right out to the desktop. Using the ArcSoft codec that comes with the HD-PVR updated to latest version. HD-PVR files play fine.

Those ArcSoft codecs are a real gem BTW. After installation I have to change the audio renderer from SoundMAX HD Audio to Default WaveOut Device or music playback stops working. Audio from DVD rips now sounds like SETI@Home signals. DivX files still work OK though.

The debug logs look like Sage is trying to use the right codec (ArcSoft) but after that I can't see what's going wrong. Logs are attached.

Sage Client version 6.5.6.0 (6.4.8 did this too)
JAVA version 1.6.0 Update 11
Athlon64 FX-62 CPU
2 GB RAM
Nvidia 8500GT Forceware 175.4

Update: Changing the ArcSoft decoders merit values to MERIT_NORMAL gets the DVD sound back. Some were set to MERIT_PREFERRED+1. Used RadLight Filter manager.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_1.txt (349.2 KB, 235 views)
File Type: txt hs_err_pid3216.txt (15.7 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by AtariJeff; 01-09-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Fix for DVD sound found
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff View Post
Getting Blu-Ray rips to play with Sage is not for the weak Getting then to hard drive is pretty straightforward.
Now let's watch it on a client - sorry only blank screen, maybe sound, or just dump right out to the desktop. Using the ArcSoft codec that comes with the HD-PVR updated to latest version. HD-PVR files play fine.
I take the same route as you and the video and audio render on my Vista SageTV Client. I have the retail version of Total Media Theater. Maybe those codecs work better.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT