SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

Missing EPG Data Solution

One of my channels was missing a lot of (but not all) program data. It seems that a lot of it wasn't coming through OTA as expected. Here is the solution (which hopefully will make it into the manual and/or a sticky):

Find the station ID (#####) on Zap2It. Browse to Zap2It.com, enter your zip code and display your local listings. Then click on the station. The 5 digit station id will be part of the URL (note: it isn't shown on the actual web pages).

Create a new channel with the five digit ID. This will force the EPG data to come from Zap2It instead of through the default (TV signal in my case).

Unfortunately, SageTV then tuned the new station to the incorrect channel, so I had to remap the new channel to the correct major/minor channel number (28-2). Now this channel has reliable EPG data and works great.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage User

I removed and then re-added my digital tuner, choosing OTA and Washington, DC Digital lineup. I did a channel scan; when it finished I had __ channels.

I want to added WMPTDT which is a Baltimore channel which we receive here in Washington DC. So using these instructions I went to Zap2It and found WMPTDT which has StatonNo 24347 in the URL that Zap2It displays when selecting WMPTDT from the listing that is presented after entering our local zipcode. I then, in Channel Setup | Edit Channel | Add a Channel, entered the following:

Enter Name of New Channel: WMPTDT <<OK>>
Enter the new channel number for WMPTDT: 22-1 <<Enter>>
If you know the Station ID for 19581, enter it below....: 24347 <Enter>>

Then, when pressing the View button, what I got was the last channel that I had been viewing which was not WMPTDT.

I guess I'm doing something wrong ... help please!

Thanks very much,

Bill Cole