SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Sage Expert

No program guide info. for HDHR?

I just added a HDHR for two local tuners. Why am I not getting any program guide info (except for a very few channels here and there)? When setting up the tuners, I used the guide selection (the first one)?

I did scan for channels as well if that matters.

Maybe they take a while to load and will be there in the morning?

Thanks,
-Chris
Old 05-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Full guide data can take some extra time to download. But if it continues after given some time, then the lack the guide data for HDHR tuners usually means the HDHR setup for Windows instructions were not followed correctly in terms of naming the channels in the HDHR software (for cable QAM tuners).

For broadcast ATSC tuners, make sure the channels are mapped to the correct stations in SageTV. (Some OTA-only channels may not have guide data.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Sage Expert

Ack!!!!

You mean for OTA channels I won't get guide data for all my channels no matter what I do? Not even the major ones like CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS etc? Argh!!!

Note that I'm not getting the locals from Dish, just OTA. If I can't get program guide data this way, I am going to be seriously, seriously bummed

I guess I can pony up the extra $5/month for the locals in Dish, but that (mostly) defeats the purpose of my having added the HDHR to begin with.

To be clear this is all OTA. I'm not using QAM.

Thanks Opus,
-Chris

Last edited by Chriscic; 05-12-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
You mean for OTA channels I won't get guide data for all my channels no matter what I do? Not even the major ones like CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS etc? Argh!!!
No, I said that was an issue for OTA-only channels.

Right before that comment, I said to "make sure the channels are mapped to the correct stations in SageTV". You need to check their station mappings & make sure they are remapped to the correct Zap2it-named stations.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Sage Expert

Ok thanks will give it a go.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes the need to be EXACTLY How Zap2it states. My 2 OTA channels map in as WHO-DT2 and KCWI-DT where as Zap2it has them as WHODT2 and KCWIDT. This slight varience means that just doing a basic scan is going to give me no guide data.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter