SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Sage User

Angry Migrating From XP to Windows 7

Hi All,

I've been using Sage for a few years now. I've even built a few boxes that I've given away and no one ever has a problem with them. But I'm not banging my head on a wall.

I've always used XP and I remember all the tricks to setup everything. However, this time I've updated some hardware and I'm installing Sage onto Windows 7. I simply cannot get certain things done that should be easy.

So, I have a fresh hard drive that is the exact same kind as my old one. I also have my old hard drive plugged into the system so I have access to all my old files and media. I've also switch tuners to newer model. I use stage tv as an application and

Here are some problems that I could really use some help on.

1. I cannot get Sage to accept my old properties & win.biz files. I didn't used the same PC or User names so I've tried to correct all that.
a. I've edited the propterties files to read the new path (Program Files (x86)\Sagetv
b. My new Sage install doesn't even seem to want to generate a new propterties file.
2. I cannot get my old wiz.bin file to work. I don't care too much about previous recordings. But I really want my old series settings & watched history to work.
a. All my old shows are on the same drive letter and in a folder with the same name.
b. I make sure no sage process is currently running when making the move.
I have a few other problems but I think I'll stop there I'm tired of thinking about it.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Make sure you are putting the files in c:\users\username\app data instead of program files (There are three more folders there, look for the Sage TV folder and drop it there. I believe its in the Roaming folder) By default, with UAC enabled, the program files folder is read only and all writes meant for there will end up in the app data folder.