SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question HDHomeRun Update Channel Scan -> Sage Crash

My cable company (Comcast, in San Mateo, CA) is switching many of their analog channels over to cable. I have a HDHomeRun which I'm using as a digital clear QAM tuner.

I end up doing channel scans every day to keep up to date on which channels they've moved where. I think I'm doing something wrong, though, because the rescanning process seems to be pretty "fragile", and frequently leads to Sage crashing.

Here are the steps I'm using. I'd appreciate feedback on what I should do, instead .

1) Go into the HDHomeRun setup and do channel scans for each of the two tuners.

2) Using Zap2It, correct the HDHomeRun station ID and channel assignments.

3) Go into Sage and, under video source setup, run a channel scan on each of the two HDHomeRun tuners.

All of that works fine. But when I click on View in the channel scan/remap screen after doing a Sage channel scan, Sage will frequently (although not always) crash.

The last time I did this I did not click on any of the View buttons, but instead went back to the program guide and watched live TV from one of the digital channels. That worked, although some of the channels were jerkier than they were before.

What am I doing wrong? What protocols do people follow to update digital channel maps?

BTW, I'm happy to provide crash logs to the developers if someone will tell me what to send and where to send it.

- Diego