SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator

If the HDHR tuners are not used for OTA, why are there ATSC versions of the frq files for one of the HDHR tuners? Are they left over from an earlier config where the HDHR was used for OTA tuning? If so, at least one of the posts above and the HDHR setup for Windows instructions point out that each HDHR tuner must run its own scan inside SageTV. (Or, you can use one of the tips & copy/rename files if you know what you are doing.)

Alternatively, when configuring those HDHR tuners in SageTV, did you choose Antenna instead of Cable by accident?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah andy, I've followed the instructions of how to configure HDHR for digital cable and sageTV and done it so much I can do it with my eyes closed. Both HDHR tuners are set to digital cable in the HDHR setup app... it was never configured as ATSC.

I'm 100% sure that I added both HDHR's as cable sources and not antenna broadcast. I only did that for my Hauppauge.

The only thing I did differently was update the firmware for the HDHR 101610BE that I just added to match the firmware level of the older one.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd have to do it the same way except for not flashing the HDHR 101610BE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If the HDHR tuners are not used for OTA, why are there ATSC versions of the frq files for one of the HDHR tuners? Are they left over from an earlier config where the HDHR was used for OTA tuning? If so, at least one of the posts above and the HDHR setup for Windows instructions point out that each HDHR tuner must run its own scan inside SageTV. (Or, you can use one of the tips & copy/rename files if you know what you are doing.)

Alternatively, when configuring those HDHR tuners in SageTV, did you choose Antenna instead of Cable by accident?

- Andy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Administrator

I haven't updated my HDHR firmware in a while, so I don't know what effect that might have.

For the 101610BE tuner, what does it say on the Source Details screen -- Antenna or Cable? I suggest removing that tuner and re-adding it. You should at least remove the ATSC .frq files for it and rescan in SageTV.

Oh, and when it tunes to the wrong channel now, check the detailed info page for that recording to see what tuner is being used. I'm guessing the 101610BE HDHR, but you never know...

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 PM
SageTVaholic

All tuners under the HDHR Setup are set to Digital Cable. I'll try deleting the ATSC files and rescaning again... I'll also check to see if its just the that HDHR.... Thanks for the tips...

Quote:
I haven't updated my HDHR firmware in a while, so I don't know what effect that might have.

For the 101610BE tuner, what does it say on the Source Details screen -- Antenna or Cable? I suggest removing that tuner and re-adding it. You should at least remove the ATSC .frq files for it and rescan in SageTV.

Oh, and when it tunes to the wrong channel now, check the detailed info page for that recording to see what tuner is being used. I'm guessing the 101610BE HDHR, but you never know...

- Andy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
All tuners under the HDHR Setup are set to Digital Cable.
Is that from the Source Details screen in SageTV? I'm asking because "Digital Cable" sounds like what the HDHR software calls it, not the term SageTV uses.

- Andy
Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Digital Cable in HDHR software and Cable as the source in sageTV. Definitely not antenna broadcast in sageTV.

Quote:
Is that from the Source Details screen in SageTV? I'm asking because "Digital Cable" sounds like what the HDHR software calls it, not the term SageTV uses.

- Andy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2009, 11:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy, you're pretty good at figuring out SageTV mystery problems:

Here's one for you:

Andy I removed the HDHR tuners from the sageTV channel setup and deleted the respective .scn and .frq file., then I went to HDHR setup and hit apply under the cable channels tab... created the scn files for both HDHRs in the sageTV folder WITHOUT the atsc files. I added the HDHR tuners back in sageTV channel setup.

I still have the same exact problem. However, after looking at it more carefully, the problem is only happening on the new HDHR device I added... that "had" the atsc files in my sageTV folder.

Soooo... whats causing this new HDHR to do this weird tuning? My guess is it thinks it needs to tune to atsc tuning tables verses QAM.

I "did" flash it with "hdhomerun_atsc_firmware_20090305a.bin", but that didnt seem like it would be a bad thing.

Is there somethign in my sageTV properties file related to those two tuners belonging to that HDHR thats causing this?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Did it recreate the ATSC frq file or is it now a QAM frq file?

You should get a debug log and native log (instructions here) from when you configure the problem HDHR. Post the logs along with your sage.properties file.

- Andy
Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

It didnt recreate the ATSC frq file, its now a QAM frq file. I think that must have been a one time thing during the firmware update.

I'll post the debug and native logs along wtih my sage.properties file definitely tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for looking into this.

BTW: I could be wrong, but I have this gut feeling it has something to do with my hauppauge 1800 ATSC OTA broadcast tuner source interfering. I had this same problem (at the begining of this thread) with my original HDHR (before installing my second HDHR). Now, the problem just switched to the newer HDHR. I could be wrong, but if I dont have the Hauppauge ATSC broadcast tuner source installed, I dont have this problem on either HDHR.

Although the Hauppauge uses ATSC OTA broadcast on a completely separate lineup, it has many of the same channel names (ie KGODT, KRONDT, ABCDT, etc)

Quote:
Did it recreate the ATSC frq file or is it now a QAM frq file?

You should get a debug log and native log (instructions here) from when you configure the problem HDHR. Post the logs along with your sage.properties file.

- Andy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy, could you please take a quick look at my properties file and tell me how to remove all traces of things related to lineups for the hauppauge and HDHR?

I attached the properties file.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sageproperties.zip (19.8 KB, 129 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Sage User

I am having the same problem. I'm using an HDHR for cable and HVR 1600 for ATSC. I can not get Sage to tune correctly for several channels that are fine in HDHR setup. I have also removed the HDHR tuners, re-added and re-scanned. This problem just appeared this week.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Andy, could you please take a quick look at my properties file and tell me how to remove all traces of things related to lineups for the hauppauge and HDHR?
If you want to make sure everything is removed, then I suggest you simply remove the properties file and its .autobackup copy (move them to some other directory while SageTV is not running), then start SageTV & reconfigure.

- Andy
Old 04-03-2009, 10:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Not that simple, tons and tons of configuration, including custom lineups for other sources. I dont have a vanilla installation.

Quote:
If you want to make sure everything is removed, then I suggest you simply remove the properties file and its .autobackup copy (move them to some other directory while SageTV is not running), then start SageTV & reconfigure.

- Andy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation BUG info

Great, now I know that its a reproducable bug; and, nothing I'm doing wrong.

Andy, per your request, attached is the debug for sageTVservice.exe, sageTV.exe, and native log. While debug was active I tried tuning the below channels on the HDHR:

VH1P is showing up as BET
TOONP is showing up as BET
KBCWDT is showing up as KRONDT
KTSFDT is showing up as KTVUDT
KPIXDT is showing correctly
KNTVDT is showing up correctly
KTVUDT is showing up as KPIXDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtenboer View Post
I am having the same problem. I'm using an HDHR for cable and HVR 1600 for ATSC. I can not get Sage to tune correctly for several channels that are fine in HDHR setup. I have also removed the HDHR tuners, re-added and re-scanned. This problem just appeared this week.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV.zip (741.4 KB, 150 views)

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-04-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not even getting that far. I do all the mapping properly in the HDHR app, but when I do the scan in sage, it uses the qam frequency and subprogram as the channel number. So KICUDT shows up in the guide as 29-1 instead of 706. I thought it was because I didn't have channel numbers input in the HDHR app, so I went back and added all of them and still no good.

I haven't checked to see if the actual channel isn't being tuned yet because I can't put it in production with the above problem. My WAF plummets with the guide messed up like that.

I have had to remove the HDHR's from service because of this problem. Comcast is changing channels all the time now and I got a bunch of bad recordings because remapping was such an issue.

Help please...
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Andy, per your request, attached is the debug for sageTVservice.exe, sageTV.exe, and native log. ...
I'm going to ask someone at SageTV to check out the logs.

In the meantime, I saw last night that SiliconDust put out new beta software. If you haven't already tried it, maybe it would help.

- Andy
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Andy. I have a feeling this is a problem that needs to be fixed on the sageTV side. Why an ATSC OTA tuner can break HDHR support in sageTV is beyond me..

Quote:
I'm going to ask someone at SageTV to check out the logs.

In the meantime, I saw last night that SiliconDust put out new beta software. If you haven't already tried it, maybe it would help.

- Andy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Last night's new beta fixed my logical channel mapping issue. Tuning looks good too, but I haven't tested all channels yet.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

A new beta just came out today that fixed a bunch of sage stuff. 404beta1. Seems to work well.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Mike, it looks like the HDHR betas seem to fix a couple of misc issues, but doesnt have a fix for Hauppauge ATSC tuners interfering with HDHR QAM tuning to the correct channels in sageTV. Currently, it looks like anyone with an HDHR and a modern Hauppauge ATSC tuner on sageTV will not be able to tune to the correct channels after a channel scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
A new beta just came out today that fixed a bunch of sage stuff. 404beta1. Seems to work well.

***RIP SageTV***