SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

California Bay Area Comcast Subscribers

Hey, I just got an idea as I was writing a response to one of my threads.

Comcast is currently rolling out their digital transition in the Bay Area (San Francisco, South San Francisco, San Mateo, etc.). Anyone who is from the bay area, has a digital tuner, and a comcast subscriber, I'd love to hear if you ran into any issues.

I posted about my hardware issue in another thread, but I would like to see if anyone else had other/similar issues to what I had (basically a loss of QAM channels that my TV could still pick up).

I think this can be good as other companies and areas of the country haven't fully gone through their own version of a digital transition, so people can have a sense of what to expect. Hopefully there will be some good replies.

Here is a link I picked up from QueOnada to a forum post discussing the transition: http://www.silicondust.com/forum/vie...hlight=comcast

According to Comcast, Pleasanton should've already gone through the transition. Can anyone from the area let me know what the results are?

Last edited by mets3145; 03-12-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

i'm in the South Bay, near Los Gatos. I actually started having more channels available in ClearQAM last month (Feb). I'm getting most of everything up through channel 111 (TV Guide). I haven't done a rescan with the HDHomeRun software lately, but I probably should to see if anything else has popped up. Someone from Sunnyvale in the SilDust thread said they were getting "premium analog" in ClearQAM too, not sure what range that is.

have you compared what you receive to the SiliconDust tuners: http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/channels_us ?

you can also follow fine more info on the SF Bay area HDTV thread on AVSForum here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...93017&page=310
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 03-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
i'm in the South Bay, near Los Gatos. I actually started having more channels available in ClearQAM last month (Feb). I'm getting most of everything up through channel 111 (TV Guide). I haven't done a rescan with the HDHomeRun software lately, but I probably should to see if anything else has popped up. Someone from Sunnyvale in the SilDust thread said they were getting "premium analog" in ClearQAM too, not sure what range that is.

have you compared what you receive to the SiliconDust tuners: http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/channels_us ?

you can also follow fine more info on the SF Bay area HDTV thread on AVSForum here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...93017&page=310
Yeah, I was receiving EVERYTHING listed in the SiliconDust tuners list up until this week. Which is why I came on here to see what was up. The conclusion I drew up is that Comcast is sending too strong of a cable signal and though my TV can handle it, my 1600 can't. I may need to get an attenuator pad or just wait out the transition to see if any of my channels come back.