SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage User

HD-PVR and 6.5.9 Install

I upgraded my video card in my HTPC and in the process decided to updated everything. Motherboard bios and latest versions of HD-PVR, Sage TV etc. It was bumpy. I also purchased a USB-UIRT to replace the HD-PVR built in tuner as the IR signal is not very strong and I want better flexability to control multiple devices.

Installing 6.5.9 using the HD-PVR seems to be problematic. I could not get it to recognize the USB-UIRT when you setup video source but if I go to the IR command/setup in advance controls and press a remote button it can read the IR command. When asked to hold 0 in the video source setup it times out and asks to try again. What is weird is that normally the USB-UIRT will flash red LED when it detects IR. In the learning mode the LED doesn't flash. In the SageTV error screen where it could not detect 0 the LED will flash.

I decided to move on and go back to IR blaster. After deleting the video source and and adding video source again I was able to view video and change channels by clicking up and down in live view window. When I go to program guide and try to select a specific channel and selecting "Watch Now" sagetv crashes every time.

I also had issues with 6.5.9 on being able to reliably get watch live tv to work but this could be from multiple moving targets of things I was changing.

I did add/remove to uninstall 6.5.9 where it appears SageTV keeps config files around because after reinstalling it appears to retain information about video sources license keys etc.

I also did HCWCLEAR to remove everything hauppauge and reinstalled the latest driver. This appears to cause a problem installing the IR blaster that you can download from the hauppauge web site as it can't find a DLL. I reinstalled IR blaster from the original CD and was able to install and select the appropriate cable box.

I installed Sage 6.4.8 and did the setup again and everything works as expected. I will let this run for a couple days and make sure I am not getting lucky and will then try installing 6.5.9 over the existing install and see if things break again.

If anyone at Sage Support wants me to test or try anything send me an email.

I would like to get the USB-UIRT working and may try that in 6.4.8 once I know everything is stable again.