SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Adding Series: photo subdirectories appear in list of potential choices

First forgive me if this is already addressed somewhere, but the proper search terms escaped me and I couldn't find anything.

When in std SageTV and you attempt to add a favorite (series in MC), you are presented a list of choices, presumably scraped from the program guide. As you start to type, the list is thinned out to match the letters you have typed so far.

In SageMC, before I start to type, my list of possible series (favorite) choices begins with a bunch of my photo subdirectories until I start typing and they are eliminated.

Have I accidentally corrupted a setting somewhere, or is this a feature I don't grasp? I can't envision why a photo directory would be considered a possible TV Series.

FWIW, several features turned themselves on yesterday without my input. For instance, diskbar was on today even though I never enabled it and comskip went automatic yesterday even though it had been left as manual. I managed to crash the server numerous times yesterday while tinkering with tuners and lineups, so I'm open to the possibility that I have accidentally corrupted something.

Thanks

SageTV v6.4.8.184
SageMC v 6.3.8a
Java v1.6.0_11
Old 02-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does SageMC use a different method (than SageTV) of pre-populating the list of potential series/favorites, or is this a bug. This doesn't happen in the std STV.

A little more info:
If I select "New By Title", the pre-populated list on the right begins with photos with a number as the first digit in the file name. I had originally thought it was listing my photo directories, but it appears to be listing all of the thousands of photos in my photo directory.
If I select "New By Actor", the pre-populated list includes all of my music Artist folders.
If I select "New By Category", the pre-populated list include my music genres.