SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

hmm.. I'm not sure what links it has into iTunes.. I know that all the settings for which recordings to transcode are set in the iPodifier program.. There are no settings in iTunes.. And from my recollection, I believe you can tell it whether or not to add to iTunes.. That wiki could be stale. Anyway, its free.. give it a shot to know for sure.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

actually just installed ipodifier at work just to check.. during setup it asks whether or not you want it to add to itunes and sync your ipod after each transcode.. just keep those unchecked...
Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
That would be golden for me.

At the risk of turning into a tarbaby once again....

Lacking the plug-in, am I going to have to get down-and-dirty with the ffmpeg parms?

Or is there some "Target" that will spit out iPod highest-quality mp4 files?

Looking at Sage's ini file, it seems like they parm in a bunch of individual characteristics for each conversion type - which would suggest to me that they construct each conversion type's parm list on-the-fly.

Truth or fiction?
Good news, I've added support for transcode file destination to SJQ. It's available in snapshot 221 (or later). Visit the project web site for the details on how to get started with SJQ. I tested it, it works. I give it a path of where I want the transcoded file to go, and SageTV transcoded the file and put it there for me.

Bad news: the transcoded file showed up in the recorded files list even though I put it in a directory not registered as a recording dir nor an imported video dir. If you can find a way to unregister the transcoded file then you're set. Off the top of my head, you could archive the transcoded file and then filter your recording list to not show archived files (if that isn't the default).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
...available in snapshot 221 (or later)....
What are "snapshots" and where do they live? Trailing numbers on the rev level?

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addons/downloads/list doesn't seem to have anything beyond 2.0.1.198.

Or am I looking right at it and not seeing it?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna

Last edited by PeteCress; 02-02-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
What are "snapshots" and where do they live? Trailing numbers on the rev level?

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-addons/downloads/list doesn't seem to have anything beyond 2.0.1.198.

Or am I looking right at it and not seeing it?
See this wiki doc for details about snapshot (i.e. dev) builds. Install/setup instructions are available in other wiki docs on the site.

SJQ specific questions should be moved to this thread as we're definitely getting off topic here. Also, I get email notifications of updates to the SJQ thread, which will result in quicker responses.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Just a thought... I use iPodifier to transcode recordings for my iPod.. It monitors directories and uses ffmpeg to transcode.. Might work for you.. usually it adds the recordings to iTunes but you can tell it not to.. www.ipodifier.com
Wow! Dat be da bomb!!!!

I was even able to lift a set of conversion parms that actually work on my command line.

iPodifier is chugging along right now - just like you said, without needing iTunes or an iPod. Tomorrow will tell if it dynamically refreshes it's input list.

Even if it doesn't, I'd say I'm home free with iPodifier - and if I want to go the extra mile, I can still cobble together a .BAT file using the coversion parms lifted from iPodifier.

Case closed.

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou

Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 02-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've been using iPodifier for a couple of years.. My morning and evening commute on the train would be quite boring without it.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Sage Icon

Did I read that right, ipodifier will allow you to sync an iphone without user interaction with itunes?

ie my father has a headless server in a closet can I put an iphone dock somewhere in the house and have it automatically sync without user intervention.

The I lineup has always royalled pissed me off for not having a drag&drop functionality like every other MP3 player does.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes.. iPodifier can be set to automatically sync your ipod/iphone once its finished transcoding any recordings in its queue. I rarely have to interact with iTunes except to occasionally do manual additions/removals once in a while.