SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage User

Question Remove "Junk" Series in Program Guide?

I'm currently using Sage 4, originally version 2.1, and about 2 years of using SageTV now.

I'm pretty happy with its functionality with the extra features enabled and some plugins.

But there's one thing that still bugs me. When browsing the program guide for the next several hours of upcoming programming, there is a LOT of clutter to look through on the dozens of channels, such as "paid programming", kids' shows, "Will n Grace" and things I just NEVER want to have to sort through when looking for the "good stuff."

It seems like a no-brainer that Sage should be able to "hide" this "junk" from ever showing in the program guide and just show a blank spot, and this would make it a lot easier to spot the remaining stuff. I could blank out a lot of shows this way and not as likely to miss the golden nuggets that I might overlook otherwise.

Note:

1) I'm not talking about "don't like" which only applies to a single episode at a time and still displays the show in the program guide. This functionality that I desire would require being able to mark a show as don't like or hidden, so that all new episodes of a given series would NOT show up as soon as they were downloaded to the program guide.

2) I realize I can remove channels from the program guide completely or use a favorites list, but this doesn't address the issue either as I've already removed the channels that are all junk, and there is still a lot of "junk" on the channels that I want to keep.

Question: So the question is, does any version of sage or any customization/plug-in allow you to hide series (and things like "paid programming") permanently so that I will have a much "cleaner" program guide to review? I looked around, but haven't seen this mentioned, but that's surprising, so maybe I'm just missing something. Or, maybe this needs to be a feature request instead if it can't currently be done in any way.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

I've never used the feature, but can't you filter via "Comedy", "Sports", "Movies", etc..? Not exactly what you're looking for but...

P
Old 11-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Sage User

Anti-favorites?

I've been digging through posts, and the closest I've found to this being discussed has been with something called "anti-favorites." It looks like there is a custom STV import called "anti-favorites", but I'm not sure if it will fit the bill or not to remove this stuff from the program guide.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead
I've been digging through posts, and the closest I've found to this being discussed has been with something called "anti-favorites." It looks like there is a custom STV import called "anti-favorites", but I'm not sure if it will fit the bill or not to remove this stuff from the program guide.
Nope, my 'Anti-Favorites' plugin is meant for manipulation of the show schedule (IR and favorite recordings), it doesn't affect the info in the program guide. I don't think there is a plugin yet which will do what you want ...

Dirk
Old 11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Sage User

Thanks. Yeh, I went and read it over and see it's very different. So "anti-favorites" is not the terminology I should use for the feature I'm wanting, maybe "eliminate-series" combined with a program guide filter to remove "eliminate-series" from showing in the program guide.

Looks like there's no hope of Sage getting this feature if I'm the only one who wants it. Does this sound like something that would be do-able with Studio?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think this maybe what you want

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=50
Old 11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
Not at all, see note #2 in my original first post in this thread.

I wonder if the feature I'm asking about can be done with Studio.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes you could do this with Studio, but it's not trivial...

Dirk
Old 11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yes you could do this with Studio, but it's not trivial...

Dirk
And that... I never had any doubt.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Not at all, see note #2 in my original first post in this thread.

Darn it. I tried. Yep it looks like you'll need to customize something.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Sage User

It's been about 3 years. Did anything ever get developed that would allow this functionality?

Also see:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...507#post389507
Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you're willing search on a PC you can use nielm's (et al) Web Browser. With that you can make your search criteria set to "Don't Like" = "Cleared". All search results will NOT include "Don't Like" shows.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Sage User

>All search results will NOT include "Don't Like" shows.

You can't select "don't like" for shows, only for individual episode airings of a show. If it was possible to mark all future episodes (to infinity) of a show as "don't like", it would be a step in the right direction for menus where you can use filters, but that's not how "don't like" functions. If it did, then we would still need to be able to filter those out of the program guide, so we have at least 2 obstacles to overcome. I thought this might be possible with Studio per the other thread.