SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

HDHR Stops tuning channels suddenly

Anybody else having this problem? I'm on 6.5.8RC (though it's happened once before on 6.5.6 as well).

Sage went unresponsive earlier today (not sure why yet) and had to be restarted. When I got home from work I restarted Sage and waiter for Lost to record, along with "Lie to Me". Lost recorded fine (Tuner 3), but Lie to Me (Tuner 4) didn't, and I can see leftover comskip bits (.txt and .log) repeatedly being created, but no video file.

More investigation revealed that at least one of the HDHR tuners would no longer tune at all. When I selected a channel, Tuner4 came up, a zero-length file would be created in the recording dir. The HDHR manager showed a channel being tuned and 30+Mbps of data coming down (which is odd since it should have been 14-15Mbps on that channel), but it never grows at all.

I could view all the channels with VLC, so I figured I'd rescan my channels via Sage. That finally fixed it, but it also reset all of my logical channel remappings. <grrr>

Has anybody else seen anything like this? It's driving me NUTS.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD