SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Sage User

EPG not working with 3rd tuner.

I am running all clear QAM, no analog.

I have an HDHR which I was able to setup with no problem. Working for over a week. EPG is working. Very happy!!!

I am now trying to add an HVR-1600 to the system and having some challenges.

I added the video source, and chose the same "lineup" as the HDHR. It scanned the channels, but instead of linking the channels it found to existing items in the lineup, it added new rows to the lineup. If I look at the program guide, there are now twice as many channels, and 1/2 of them have no name and no EPG data.

Somehow I need to tell SageTV that, for example, channel 44.1 (42-902) is really the same as channel 251 for the HDHR.

In the end the guide should look exactly the same as it did with just the HDHR - but there should be three tuners able to tune each station not two.

I hope this is simply stated.

I have spent hours trying different things without success. Remapping within the one lineup seems to affect ALL the tuners in the lineup. Its like I need to do the remapping only for this one tuner.

A pointer in the right direction would be very much appreciated!!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Remapping is covered around p. 162 of the v6.4 PDF manual.

Use the Remap -> Map Different Station to this Physical Channel option to map the channel to proper station name.

Use the Remap -> Map to Different Logical Channel Number to change the number that is shown in the guide, if you need to.

In v6.5, you can choose to copy the lineup when you use an existing lineup.

Another option, if you are feeling adventurous and the HDHR & 1600 tuners are supposed to tune the exact same channels, is to copy the .scn file from the HDHR and rename that copy to match the 1600's tuner name (see what SageTV used for its .frq file). You can then have SageTV auto config the channels just like the HDHR when you do the channel scan -- it will create a new .frq file based on the .scn file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the very quick reply, Andy!

The remapping section of the manual definitely needs some examples. It is especially unclear when multiple tuners are in use. If it is fixing up the lineup, that is bad for me as the lineup is perfect for HDHR.

I tried copying the .scn file. It seemed to work. But when I go to watch TV some of the channels tune and others get no signal. Not sure if the HVR-1600 is just having a problem with those frequencies, or if it is a mapping issue. I need to do more research. I also noticed bad stuttering on at least one station.

Maybe copying the lineup and manipulating a copy used only for the 1600 is the way to go. I could also disable channels that don't tune on the 1600 or stutter for whatever reason, until I figure out why.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Sage User

I worked on trying to get the HVR-1600 tuner working again. I copied over the .scn file and found that ALL of the channels that worked on the HDHR worked on the HVR-1600, and that I dd not need to use a separate lineup.

But the HVR-1600 wouldn't always tune the station. It would say "no signal" about 1/4 of the time. But if I went to a different station, and then back to the original station, it would always tune.

I am running the latest HVR-1600 drivers. The HDHR tuners both tune fine every time on either tuner. Any ideas?