SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem getting 2nd HD200 to connect to the network/server

Hello,
I recently got 2 HD200 and set up one successfully very easily. My router saw the new device, assigned it an IP address initially, I later set it up to be a static IP address, and it saw the server. I updated the firmware and all was well. Tonight, I attempt to set up the 2nd HD200 in the master bedroom. Well, it didn't go smoothly at all. Well, it's not working yet. Here is what happened. I powered it up, the setup process started. It asked me for either DCHP or static, I chose DHCP initially, just like the first one. Well, it didn't tell me that it didn't get an IP but when I checed the server list it said it couldn't find any. I checked the system information and it didn't have an IP address. So I did the "Configuration Reset Procedure" outlined on page 8 of the manual to start over. Well, this time, I selected static and assigned it one that was not taken. It again didn't say anything was wrong. I checked the servers list and again, no servers listed. So, I go back to the system info screen and it said it had the IP address I had assigned to it. So, I thought everything should be fine. So, I tried to set up the weather and it said it couldn't find the location. I then tried to update the firmware and a blue screen popped up and said it was checking. After a while, that text went away and now it is just a blue pop up window with no text. It's just sitting in this state now. I checked my router and it does have the correct MAC address listed for the IP address I had assigned it so it should be on the network and able to connect to the internet to access the weather info as well as update the firmware, but it isn't. I have confirmed that my first HD200 is still on the network and working properly.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain what I had tried.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Chuck
Old 12-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I guess since no one has any ideas, I have to go to support. I tried a known good ethernet connection and still no luck. My router is assigning it a new IP address but that is not being done on HD200's side, per the system info. I know my router is set up correctly since I was able to get my first HD200 working fine.
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 12-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have a hd100 and hd200 on the same network. Will add the second hd200 to see if I have any problems. I think a number of people that are active on the forums bought multiple hd200s so you either have a bum unit or a network setting you've missed/forgotten.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

MarkV,
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking I have a bad unit as opposed to a missed network setting. My router sees the unit and does assign it an IP address. That I can see from the web based interface for my router. But for some reason, it doesn't get registered to the HD200. I have sent an email to support, so I hope they reply soon with a suggestion or an RMA.

Thanks,
Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Have a hd100 and hd200 on the same network. Will add the second hd200 to see if I have any problems. I think a number of people that are active on the forums bought multiple hd200s so you either have a bum unit or a network setting you've missed/forgotten.