SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

2nd problem I can't get to work. Imported Video thumbnails...

Ok this one is driving me nuts. I have read the v6 manual and searched the forums and tried the everthing I have found. I get the pixs from Amazon (small about 16k each), load them to the DVD Video_TS folder, but can't get them to show up. I have renamed them the same as the parent folder, i.e. casablanca.jpg or Casablanca.jpg, then tried folder.jpg as stated in the manual.

Also I have selected Refresh Imported Media but that does not seem to work as nothing that I can see happens either on the Sage Server or the file server where my music is located at. So I stopped the sage service and restarted. Still no activity, but most of the time new DVDs will show up. I have deleted the video import directory and then restored it. It just can't be that hard. Is there a menu somewhere that I have to turn this feature on at or what?

TIA
Old 10-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Administrator

When you removed the import dir from SageTV, did you wait for the video library to stop showing those imported videos before adding the dir as an import dir again?

You could also try looking for the auto-generated thumbnail in the GeneratedThumbnails subdirectory (in your SageTV dir) & delete that thumbnail before re-adding the import dir.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Thanks for answering. I deleted the video import folder and waited until the DVDs did not show up under "DVD" in the Imported Videos section. Strangely there is a TV show that shows up under "Title" in the Imported Videos section that has a thumbnail that shows up and is also in the \SageTV\SageTV\GeneratedThumbnails folder.

I then added the dvd folder to the Import Directories and waited. They showed up, but again no thumbnails.

This is how I have the dvds filed:

E:\DVD\Casablanca\VIDEO_TS
In this folder is the jpeg
E:\DVD\From Here to Eternity\VIDEO_TS
Same as above

And so on with the rest of the ripped DVDs.

The Media Center Import Directories it is set to E:\DVD and set to import Videos only. Does this need to be set to Pictures also?
Old 10-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I went through this yesterday. Here's what I did.

Deleted the import directory.
Shut Down SageTV
Deleted everything in the thumbnail directory
Fired SageTV back up and made sure nothing was listed in the imported media directory area
Added the Media directory back
Waited abotu 20 minutes for Sage to rescan everything.

this only worked when I deleted the thumbnail directory contents when Sage was shut down. Just removing the directory, shutting down sage, and then adding the directory back didn't work.

Why this needs to be done is beyond me. There needs to be a menu option somehwere to re-import thumbnails, with the folder.jpg taking priority.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the input, tried but that trick didn't work for me. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl
This is how I have the dvds filed:

E:\DVD\Casablanca\VIDEO_TS
In this folder is the jpeg
E:\DVD\From Here to Eternity\VIDEO_TS
Same as above

And so on with the rest of the ripped DVDs.
I don't know if this makes a difference, but do you also have a AUDIO_TS folder? (empty, though)

At the top of the video browser, does it say DVD in the center?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes there is a Audio.TS folder, but they are empty. I have a attached a screen shot. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (58.0 KB, 246 views)
Old 10-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Either someone else who's had problem w/thumbnails will have to offer another suggestion, or else send a log to SageTV. I've always gotten the thumbnails to show up.

The last thing I can think of to try is to make sure the DVDs are using "folder.jpg" for all DVD thumbnails before continuing. Then, rename the parent directory from "DVD" to anything else, say "DVDs". After that, add the "DVDs" dir as a video import dir & remove the "DVD" dir. Either start a rescan or exit & restart SageTV or the service. SageTV should now see them as completely different videos, in case there was some caching issue with them always being seen where they were before.

- Andy
Old 10-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks to all who have responded. I have tried all of your suggestions. But still no go. I have now submitted a support ticket. I will let you all know the results.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 05:10 AM
Sage Icon

I just tested this today and it does work. The only thing that confused me was I had to put the Folder.jpg file inside the VIDEO_TS folder, not outside of it. Once inside, I did a refresh imported media and waited for a few minutes, I check back and the thumbnails showed up. I think the media refresh feature can be improve as sometime you don't need it to refresh everything. Such as this scenario for Imported Videos, a "Refresh media" button on the left toolbar would be better. Same goes for Pictures and Music menus, they should have their own Refresh buttons also. Besides, there's something wrong with the way SageTV handles refreshing medias when you have to:

1. remove media imported folders
2. then refreshed media
3. wait a few minutes to make sure the media files are gone
4. then add the media folders again
5. refresh media again
6. wait a few minutes and pray that changes took place

It can be a quite a pain in the *** if you have many media imported folders. And even worse if they are UNC paths as there's no copy and paste support in the "Specify..." box. I would hate to do this everytime I add a new media file to the media imported folders.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

I submitted a support request a few days ago. After a few emails back and forth this is what I received today:

Bob,

This has been fixed for the next beta release.

George

So...now to wait for the next beta release...