SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Sage User

HD-PVR recordings to SDTVs

I am running sage with a single tuner receiving standard def input from a Directv STB. I have a HDMI out of my server graphics card which goes to my only HDTV in living room. Wired network used to pipe sage to 2 MVP units attached to SDTVs and one sage client running on old machine in basement. I know have Directv in HD most channels (I need to stick with Directv for the NFL). I want to invest in a HD-PVR to capture HD. Ideally I would also change the MVPs to SageTV HD Theater boxes and replace my 2 other SDTVs with HDTVs ... but financially cannot do this all at once. If I get HD-PVR and I use it to record a non-HD Directv channel, can I watch this on the SDTV via MVP? Can I transcode an HD file down to SD and watch on SDTV/MVP? If not can I just upgrade to HD Theater boxes and still use SDTVs? One thing I want to avoid doing is having to record the same show via current tuner and HD-PVR in case I want to watch it on HDTV or SDTV? If I run server with both tuners can I set each "client" (including MVP) to only see the SD versus HD files? Is this making sense? Thanks.

-Blech
Old 12-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

The new beta release (currently 6.5.3) includes update transcoder files to handle HD-PVR files transcoded to play on MVPs. I don't have an MVPs in my setup, but according to this thread it is working: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=15
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razillian View Post
The new beta release (currently 6.5.3) includes update transcoder files to handle HD-PVR files transcoded to play on MVPs. I don't have an MVPs in my setup, but according to this thread it is working: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=15
Almost. With 6.5.3 720p works and 1080i is problematic.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Tags
hd-pvr, mvp, sagetv hd theater