SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
HD PVR on FIOS with SageMC

I've had a stable setup for quite some time (a year or so) and I update the SageTV software and SageMC releases every two or three months. Last month changed from Brighthouse to Verizon Fios. All went well.

I have two STB's, both HD, and I use firewire to change channels. working well for me, other than the inherent delay of about three seconds.

Today, I received my HD PVR. I connected it to the STB and the PC's USB and installed the driver on the disc (old), but not the software. Then, after reading in the forums, I downloaded and installed the latest driver. Still, after a reboot, I get the following message:

"There was a Playback Error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040217): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback."

The STB is set up for 720p, stereo (just to keep things simple). I'm using Component and stereo audio cables - not optical.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I'm not sure what to change next.

Thanks,
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Ted,

I think you might have to install their software to get the codec.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Installing now...

... and it worked.

Mike, you've been my hero more times than I can count. If the economy wasn't so bad right now, I'd ship you a couple of kegs for your assistance.

However, my exe multituner has just gotten more confusing - 4 devices now! I opened it back up and there were two new stub devices. I can still operate the two boxes with the Timmmoore cmd utility, but not sure what to do with so many instances of the multituner app in the properties file.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I got it, Mike.

I had two tuners - they were devicename 3 and 4. I removed one tuner from sage, and installed the PVR. Now I had four panel devices listed (not sure why) three were "stub device" and one was number 4.

I renamed them all to "stubdevice1", "stubdevice2" etc.

I went into channel setup and selected the device and it told me which was the correct reference - "stubdevice2" and "4".

I sorted out which was which with Timmmore's CMD utility.

I renamed "stubdevice2" to "3"

Then, of the remaining two, one was near "3" and one was near "4" so I renamed them also to "3" and "4" - All is working now!

Also, without changing anything, the PVR tuner has priority!!

Now I need to get another and do this all over again!

Last edited by Ted@TNT; 12-09-2008 at 07:29 PM.