SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Sage User

Question Canadian Cable Listings Missing

Hi,

I was trying to get SageTV working, and when I get to the point where it asks for the postal code to get the list of available listings for the area, all it shows me are the satellite providers Bell and Starchoice. We have Cogeco Cable in my area (Windsor, Ontario), but it does not show me them. I gave up on trying to get it working, and downloaded BeyondTV, and they had Cogeco in their listings.

Any idea on why I couldn't get the cable provider listing for my area?

Thanks,

Sean
Old 10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

I kind of thought that both BTV and Sage use listings from Zap2it. Try going to Zap2it.com and try to see if you can find your cable lineup.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator

What postal code are you using? I Googled Windsor, Ontario, put in a postal code I happened to see and there was a choice for Cogeco in SageTV.

Try it again. If you still see everything but Cogeco, then see the end of this FAQ & contact SageTV. (Or, post your postal code & I can see what turns up for it. I tried N8X 1Z1.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Sage User

My Postal is: N8T 3M8

I noticed in SageTV, that it does not accept letters when typing in the postal code. It substitutes the letters for a corresponding number.

I will have to try it again. Maybe something was up that night with the zap2it service.

Thanks,

Sean
Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanD View Post
My Postal is: N8T 3M8
I see your cable company for that postal code.

Quote:
I noticed in SageTV, that it does not accept letters when typing in the postal code. It substitutes the letters for a corresponding number.
I believe you mean it substitutes letters when you type numbers. That's numeric text entry, which is enabled by default on that screen for Canada because you have letters in your postal codes and that's the way to be able to enter letters via the number pad on a remote. Press the same number repeatedly to choose a different letter. If using a keyboard, use the Pause command (Ctrl+S or click on the letter indicator in the menu header) to switch to other NTE modes, one of which enters numbers only.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.