SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Service Control indication that a recording is active

On the Sage TV Service Control display...
I wish there were an indication that a recording is active.

Anyone know how to add that? Or a simple way to see if it is "safe" to stop the service or reboot the PC without disrupting a recording? (other than launching a Sage Client).
Old 10-21-2008, 10:58 PM
SageTVaholic

"Is it recording now?" is not the right question. What you want to know is whether it's about to start recording in the next few minutes.

I use Placeshifter to check that sort of thing, since it boots up a lot quicker than Client. You can create a Placeshifter shortcut icon that connects directly to your server by LAN without requiring server selection or login.

There's also a SageTray plugin that puts a status icon in the system tray area. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't vouch for its usefulness.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
There's also a SageTray plugin that puts a status icon in the system tray area. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't vouch for its usefulness.
I use SageTray, it is super useful - the icon in the Tray is red when recording and yellow when a recording is coming up. You can click on it to see the upcoming schedule if you want details.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt View Post
I use SageTray, it is super useful - the icon in the Tray is red when recording and yellow when a recording is coming up. You can click on it to see the upcoming schedule if you want details.
Another vote for Sagetray. Great utility. A new one has arrived on the scene as a Vista sidbar gadget. Vista Sidebar Gadget for SageTV The flyout shows you the schedule and the sidebar shows you what's recording. Works great too.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks. I downloaded SageTvTray and unzipped. This yielded an EXE and some XML configuration code. Where can I find a readme on what this does, now to use it, etc? I don't want it to intercept the remote's signals but just indicate if a recording is in process or will begin soon (30 minutes) - so I can know if I can shutdown Sage Service or reboot the PC.

It would be so simple if the SageTV Service Contro's GUI where they have start/stop buttons also had a recording status text message or icon. Or someone could have a utility go tack that on
Old 11-02-2008, 01:33 AM
SageTVaholic

SageTvTray is not the same as the SageTray plugin linked earlier in this thread. The linked page has setup instructions and a link to a discussion thread. Here's the link again if you missed it:

SageTray
Old 11-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks. I've just reviewed that and will consider if I want to install the SageTV WebServer plugin - I did have that installed long ago on a previous version.

I suppose this means that there is no other means to get a simple indicator, e.g., on the Sage Service Monitor where it should be, so you can know if it's prudent to click STOP.