SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Sage User

Sage control of HAI Omni

I'm relatively new to the whole SageTV customization thing, so I will try to sound as knowledgeable as I can.

I am running 6.4 and recently added my first STVi files (Pandora radio, Movie Times, Comskip Player and Monitor, etc.) This started the ball rolling, and now I'm looking to my "holy grail" of controlling my HAI Omni IIe controller thru Sage.

I usually access my controller thru HAI's program Web-Link, thru an IE browser window. I have the IIS service running on a PC in my house, then I query to that PC thru my intranet (eg: http://SERVER-TOWER/web-link/ie_main.asp) or thru a dynamic DNS server. A pic is shown below (hai ie main) I also have the option to see this as a MC style (hai mce main)

I have about 30 light switches, 3 thermostats, pool/spa control, etc. that I control thru this interface. I also have numerous macros and lighting scenes setup. Most of these are set to run automatically, but I'd like to access many of them manually.

Is there any way to control this thru Sage? I read about the RSS plugin, but it says it's only a graphical representation of the site, and not "surfable". I currently use the "Launch External Program" option thru Meedio (on my server and client), but would love this functionality thru SageTV so it can be used on my MVPs. Is this going to be a gigantic PITA, or could it be done somehow?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hai ie main.JPG (63.8 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg hai mce main.JPG (47.2 KB, 254 views)
Server: AMD Phenom 9950BE 2.6GHz Quad-Core, DFI Lan Party UT NF590 SLI, 4GB RAM, Win 7 HomePrem 64-bit, GeForce 9500GT, 2-Dual-TV Tuner Cards, 4-1.5TB, 2-750GB Seagate HD, 1-120GB, 1-640GB WD HD, StreamZap. Client 1: AOpen Mini-PC, 1.86GHz Celeron Dual-Core, 2GB RAM, 40GB HD, Win XP 32-bit. Network: D-Link DR-655 GB router, 24-port Netgear JGS524 GB switch, HDHomerun, 1-Helius and 1-Hauppauge MVPs
Old 09-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Where is the second screen shot from?

I like the design...
Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Both designs are from the HAI Weblink software. The first allows full control of all aspects of the controller - Such as turning on a light for only 1-60 seconds, minutes, or hours. This is nice if I want to turn on the pool pump for only 4 hours while I add chemicals, and then it will turn itself off so I don't forget. Then MCE is a really nice interactive interface, but cannot do timed features.

Sounds like I will have to keep using the "Launch External Programs" option in Meedio, right?
Server: AMD Phenom 9950BE 2.6GHz Quad-Core, DFI Lan Party UT NF590 SLI, 4GB RAM, Win 7 HomePrem 64-bit, GeForce 9500GT, 2-Dual-TV Tuner Cards, 4-1.5TB, 2-750GB Seagate HD, 1-120GB, 1-640GB WD HD, StreamZap. Client 1: AOpen Mini-PC, 1.86GHz Celeron Dual-Core, 2GB RAM, 40GB HD, Win XP 32-bit. Network: D-Link DR-655 GB router, 24-port Netgear JGS524 GB switch, HDHomerun, 1-Helius and 1-Hauppauge MVPs
Old 09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

There is a plugin for HomeAutomatedLiving in the customizations section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohica View Post
I like the design...
It was made by that guy. ^ lol
Old 10-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage User

Customizable to HAI?

Could I somehow use the HAL plugin and customize it to work for the HAI? I know nothing of how this would be done, but am willing to learn.

How are these plugins programmed? Is it "open-source" and could it be tweaked to HAI control? HAL uses X-10, right?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Although it's possible you would probably be better off buiding something new.

I am a big fan of EventGhost and I would really like to see an interface to it.

Getting EventGhost>HAI is probably not a big deal it's pretty much ideally suited for it. Also EventGhost is open source and developed in python and already has a generic rs232 interface. You would need to research the HAI communication but 2way communications there

Now you may very well be able to look at the HAL stv and gain some knowledge on how he did what you see on the screen on the SageTV side.

Sage>Hal uses an activex control and I kinda doubt you would want to do that when your HAI has rs232 support.

Also IIRC you can just buy HAL2000 and it'll work outta the box.

Yes it should but I dunno about thermostats.
http://www.automatedliving.com/interfaces/omni.htm

Last edited by CollinR; 10-01-2008 at 12:24 PM.