SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

How rude can an admin be when splitting a thread by changing the title?

I don't know of this has been suggested already but:

1) When using sagetv client, a checkbox option to "remember this server" so it doesn't ask which sagetv server every time the computer boots up and the client starts, especially when there's only one server.
(there is a "-connect hostname" commandline option but when added to the HKCU registry key it deletes that option at the next startup, so that only works once)

2) When right clicking the title bar of the client (or server) there are 3 options: Video Always on Top, 640x480 and 320x200. Adding more options (up to1900x1200) for high resolutions or autoresize depending on source would be nice...

* moved out of a feature request topic *

Last edited by S_M_E; 09-29-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
1) When using sagetv client, a checkbox option to "remember this server" so it doesn't ask which sagetv server every time the computer boots up and the client starts, especially when there's only one server.
(there is a "-connect hostname" commandline option but when added to the HKCU registry key it deletes that option at the next startup, so that only works once)
SageTV Manual page 17.

you may wish to configure SageTV Client to automatically connect to the server on its own. To do that, from the Main Menu of SageTV Client, select Setup, then select Detailed Setup, choose the General tab, and select the button next to Automatically Connect to Server. That option will then change from displaying No to displaying the name or IP address of the
server, which you previously entered when SageTV client was started.

I always forget to set this, and when I do remember it takes me ages to find it.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
2) When right clicking the title bar of the client (or server) there are 3 options: Video Always on Top, 640x480 and 320x200. Adding more options (up to1900x1200) for high resolutions or autoresize depending on source would be nice...
Chage the quick_menu_sizes property.

-Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
SageTV Manual page 17.

you may wish to configure SageTV Client to automatically connect to the server on its own. To do that, from the Main Menu of SageTV Client, select Setup, then select Detailed Setup, choose the General tab, and select the button next to Automatically Connect to Server. That option will then change from displaying No to displaying the name or IP address of the
server, which you previously entered when SageTV client was started.

I always forget to set this, and when I do remember it takes me ages to find it.
Thanks, I never noticed that before...
Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Chage the quick_menu_sizes property.

-Andy
That's better than nothing but It'd still be nice to have the sage window auto-resize depending on the source.

These are what I now use: quick_menu_sizes=1280x720,890x500,848x480,640x480,320x240

Thanks...

Last edited by S_M_E; 09-29-2008 at 02:01 PM.