SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Sage User

new tuner screwed things up

i attempted to install a new pvr-150 tonight and everything has slowly fallen apart. after installing the new card, windows would spontaneously restart itself sometime in the startup process. sage was not running when that happened. i uninstalled the new card but of course somehow that screwed up the old one (also a 150). i uninstalled the old one and then reinstalled it but now the remote isn't working properly. some buttons work as you would expect.. others do not. any ideas what might be causing either of these problems?

win2k, sage v6, 2 hauppauge pvr-150's (one 2 years old, other brand new)
Old 01-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Administrator

I don't know about the tuner, but when you reinstalled the drivers, you probably reinstalled the IR software and ended up resetting the irremote.ini file back to its default values, so SageTV suuport is no longer in that file. See this FAQ and/or the Hauppauge remote links in my sig lines.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage User

that did it. thanks. now for the second tuner...
Old 01-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Sage User

ok, i have the new tuner installed and the computer boots successfully. these are two hauppauge cards, one a 150 the other a 250. when i go into sage to setup the new tuner card only one source shows up "Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II Capture". i removed the old source from sage and tried to start from scratch but still it only sees one of the cards, and i really can't tell which one it sees.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator

It shouldn't still do this unless you have an older version of SageTV, but check the sage.properties file for the mmc/ignore_encoders line to see if it has an entry on it for a Hauppauge tuner. You could try deleting that line & restarting SageTV.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage User

i'm using sage 6.0.19.120. i upgraded about a month ago. i deleted that line and now the card shows up and has been successfully set up as a video source.

Last edited by brad98; 01-18-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage User

ok, i spoke to soon. it's not working fine. now the remote isn't working at all.

Last edited by brad98; 01-18-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Administrator

But are both tuners working?

If it is just the remote, try plugging the IR receiver cable into the other tuner card. If the other one is an MCE version w/o an IR port, then you may have problems...

- Andy
Old 01-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Sage User

sage sees both tuners and they are both showing up in the "system info." i've tried the ir cable in both cards. both have i/r inputs.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Sage User

oh yeah, and it was working when i had just one of the cards in at a time. this is the 45 button remote and i have an irremote.ini file that i found in one or your posts i think. the file is dated 10/28/2004 and in a zip file called Haup_no_focus_irremote_New_Remote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Administrator

You could see if the remote is working by restarting ir.exe, then open Notepad and create a blank file named debug.txt. While Notepad has focus, press remote buttons & see if anything shows up in Notepad. If nothing, switch the IR cable to the other card, restart ir.exe, then try again with debug.txt loaded in Notepad. If still nothing, I suppose you should check with Hauppauge.

- Andy
Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage User

and the winning combination is... new remote, old ir cable, old hauppauge card. no other combination seems to work.

i got it working with the irremote.ini file i mentioned above. i tried getting it to work with the one with the red button assigned to delete, but that was a no go so i'm sticking with this for the time being.

thanks for your help.