SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Sage Icon

Plug-In Request: Windows Address Book Viewer?

I would love to have a SageTV plug-in where you can access the Windows Address Book (“username.wab”). Seeing as all of the data in each entry is a separate item (that can be exported simply as text to an Excel spreadsheet), I figure this can’t be hard to access… but I have no programming knowledge. There might even be other “scraper” plug-ins that could be simply modified to do this.

How it would function:
Ideally, you could use nielm’s customizable menus to add a menu item “Address Book”. This would pull up a screen that would simply list your entries in alphabetical order (options setup would allow you to choose which to use for ordering; first name, last name, etc.). You scroll through the list (up/down) and when you select an entry, it either pops up a window, or else takes you to a new screen, with all of that entry’s data shown.

If it was easy to edit/write, you could even allow selection of an entry (say, a phone number) and editing… or else just make it where you could look at it, with a “back” button at the bottom.

If this sounds simple and desirable for anyone with programming skills, I would greatly appreciate it, and would even be willing to donate to the “design fund”. If it is an easy re-work from an existing plug-in, where a “dummy” could figure it out, I’ll give it a shot if you tell me where to start and how to go about it.

Anyone? Please?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.