SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:09 AM

epg guide question

Hi all-- I have been looking and looking for a epg that i can download to my computer so that i can search and look for shows to make sure i dont miss them... Id be more then happy to purchase sagetv just to be able to get the guide.... So here is my question... If i purchase sagetv--- how does the guide come? In a XML file? and how far out into the future does it go... Im a race fan and keep missing all the races lol.. So i want a guide i can look stuff up and put reminders in my pda... I know alot of you are going to say just set up a dvr-and i shall one of these days..But untill then--will this work for my needs?

thanks for the help ..
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wouldn't an online schedule like Zap2it suit your needs? I don't use it, but a quick peruse of the sight under TV listings seems to indicate that you can set up an account with your own viewing prefs. I don't know what that entails nor what you can do with it, but you might be able to filter it in a way that shows you your races.

Just a thought, since buying SageTV for the EPG seems like a real waste. Just my 2 cents.

Steven