SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Sage User

How to combine channel listings?

Hi,
I'm about 99% there on my setup. I have a Dish 211 and a HDHR running with 2 tuners connected to OTA. I've changed the merit on the HDHR so that it tunes to those locals before using Dish locals.

For 2 of the channels it combines them. For the other 2, it lists them twice even though I tried a logical remap on the OTA tuners. I have a feeling it is because the channel name is different, but even if I change the channel name in the HDHR config and rescan it doesn't combine these 2. Any ideas?

211:
51 - KUSI
69 - KSWB

HDHR:
51 - KUSIDT
69 - KSWBDT

Is there a way to force the 211 EPG into the "DT" names so that it combines them? I tried changing the HDHR names to the 211 names, but it still lists them separately. Could it be due to the full name of the channel being different?

Thanks!

Last edited by rubell; 09-01-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Sage Expert

SageTV uses the exact text of a Station CallSign to identify a station.

51 - KUSI
51 - KUSIDT

69 - KSWB
69 - KSWBDT

Note: The DT versions could be a higher resolution broadcasts.
I have this exact same issue with my Analog and HDHR tuners. The stations are different resolutions so I left them as-is and used the Cable Company channel assignments: 5=KION, 705=KIONDT

The two main issues I see with this are:
1. GUIDE clutter
2. Manual Recording issues (eg: selecting a single show in the GUIDE for recording), as it selects the current station name as the absolute for recording, the other station (named differently) will not be considered as a source.

Scheduled recordings (favorites) won't be affected, since it uses the appearance of the Show Title in all EPG listings to help select a Station and a Source for recording.

There are several things you can do:

- DISABLE and re-add the channel with a DT name.
There are two ways to accomplish this:
A. Disable/Add: On the VIP, DISABLE the non DT channel and then "ADD an Additional Channel" providing the correct DT callsign and channel assignment.
B. Add/Merge: On the VIP, use "Add an Additional Channel" providing the correct DT callsign and channel assignment. Then select the non-DT channel and REMAP -> Map Different Station to this Physical Channel, and select the DT callsign.
- Leave everything as is. The SageTV scheduler will find the show in the EPG and select an available SOURCE and record the program correctly. *(Still have the Manual Recording issue)

- Remap the LOGICAL channel to a different number, if you want to de-clutter your EPG view. Sage can still use it for scheduled recordings. *(Still have the Manual Recording issue)
Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Just remember: if one broadcasts in HD and the other broadcasts in SD, you really don't want to merge them because either a) one will incorrectly have HD markers on SD shows or b) the other won't mark HD shows at all.

If that doesn't matter to you, then simply use Channel Setup's option to Remap -> Map Different Station to this Physical Channel.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Sage User

Thanks. I tried the solution and it worked perfectly. They are all the HD feeds of the channel so it works great!

Now if I can just get that darn remote to work...