SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Sage User

Question How to force what infrared receiver to use

I have an HVR 1600 card, and have just added the HD PVR to my system. Not knowing the best way to proceed with installing the PVR, I uninstalled the 1600's installation of IR Blaster and IR remote. I then installed the PVR software, including the IR Blaster and IR remote. The HD PVR is working great so far, and my only nit pick is that the remote control through the HD PVR is a little slower to respond, and sometimes ignores button presses (ignores every 3rd or 4th button press). When I had the remote working through the IR receiver attached to the HVR1600, it worked flawlessly.

So, I am trying to go back to using the IR remote receiver that is attached to my 1600. I tried uninstalling the IR remote software, and then installed the IR remote software that is downloaded from the HVR1600 driver page. It still wants to use the HDPVR IR receiver. There doesn't appear to be an configuration option in the software. Does anybody have any ideas?