SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

The TVrename thing looks like the best bet!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Today I installed the latest version on top of the latest version of SageMC. It appears that if the title has an "&" symbol or an apostrophe it gets removed and the title changes. I've also noticed that the new titles have a space at the end of the name.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi. I've been using this plug-in for a while and it has worked great until I ran into a few problems. I have a few tv series in folders and until today I have been able to update the fanart for each very easily. For example: I have 2 season of weeds. I can update the fanart for all episodes except 2. Very strange. BMT found some very random items that it wants to use and they are nowhere near weeds in title. Is there a way for me to manually add the fanart from other episodes so that they all have art? Also, I have a collection of cartoons and 3 stooges episodes with no episode descriptions to speak of, is there a way for me to get fanart to show up with these files? In the older sagemc it worked, but since the inception of central folders it no longer cooperates.

Thanks.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Is there are way to get the information in the metadata fields "x-" the reason I ask is that seems to be where you are putting the disc/season number for dvd tv rips but I tried getting filemetadata "x-MetadataProviderDataUrl" to no avail.

edit:
I learned the x fields are not imported into sagedb.

Feature request write the episode and disc number to the metadataproperties and get them imported into sagedb.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 08-11-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Hi. I've been using this plug-in for a while and it has worked great until I ran into a few problems. I have a few tv series in folders and until today I have been able to update the fanart for each very easily. For example: I have 2 season of weeds. I can update the fanart for all episodes except 2. Very strange. BMT found some very random items that it wants to use and they are nowhere near weeds in title. Is there a way for me to manually add the fanart from other episodes so that they all have art? Also, I have a collection of cartoons and 3 stooges episodes with no episode descriptions to speak of, is there a way for me to get fanart to show up with these files? In the older sagemc it worked, but since the inception of central folders it no longer cooperates.

Thanks.
The central fanart works very similar to the original sagemc fanart, except there are more directories. If you load the video details for one of your movies/shows that does not have fanart, and then check the mailcheck log file for the filename, you'll probably see debug messages where it is trying to load the fanart. Just use that filename as your fanart file, and it should work. Eventually in bmt 3.0 i'll have a fanart upload where you can upload an image via the web ui, which should make it a little more user friendly.

Quote:
Is there are way to get the information in the metadata fields "x-" the reason I ask is that seems to be where you are putting the disc/season number for dvd tv rips but I tried getting filemetadata "x-MetadataProviderDataUrl" to no avail.
Plucky, SeasonNumber and DiscNumber should be stored in the .properties file already. If it is not, then it's bug.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Plucky, SeasonNumber and DiscNumber should be stored in the .properties file already. If it is not, then it's bug.
I think its a bug then. Plucky should confirm as I dont have any TV season DVD's but here is a .properties that VikingCrown Posted a couple pages ago that doesnt include the Season/Discnumber for TV DVDs
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...308#post372308
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I think its a bug then. Plucky should confirm as I dont have any TV season DVD's but here is a .properties that VikingCrown Posted a couple pages ago that doesnt include the Season/Discnumber for TV DVDs
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...308#post372308
it's there but under the x- section so doesn't get imported I will bug it for you
Old 08-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Sage Expert

JVM Max Memory in Red

Hiya

Just installed version 3.0-b9 and its worked really well. cheers !

Quick question - its reporting JVM Max Memory in Red font - 520,256MB - I suspect this is due this being greater than 50% of my physical memory or something ? I have 1GB in there....

I've already increased the JVM heap size via the registry

Thanks

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 08-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
Are you running Sage as a service? If so, did you stop the service before editing the properties file?
I was running it as a service. I stopped that and now i have the properties file updated successfully However i can not http to jetty. Firefox failed to connect message. Is there another method to determine if this started? netstat -a shows no service listening on port 8080?

thanks for your help
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Sage Expert

I had that same problem last week with jetty. I redownloaded the jetty zip and unpacked everything again. Re-edited the config files and it was back up and running.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
Hiya

Just installed version 3.0-b9 and its worked really well. cheers !

Quick question - its reporting JVM Max Memory in Red font - 520,256MB - I suspect this is due this being greater than 50% of my physical memory or something ? I have 1GB in there....

I've already increased the JVM heap size via the registry

Thanks

Tim
I wouldn't worry too much about the "red warnng" on the jvm memory size. It will show red if the memory is less than 768mb (which is an arbitrary # i picked). The default SageTV jvm size if great for just sage, but as you add plugins, you'll want to adjust the jvm size (which you've done).
Old 08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Sage User

First I want to say this is the most useful addon i have for sagetv.

Now comes the question....When i use BMT to import tv shows as recordings is there a way to have them grouped the same way sage groups its recordings by name?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartsell View Post

Now comes the question....When i use BMT to import tv shows as recordings is there a way to have them grouped the same way sage groups its recordings by name?
by default bmt uses a title mask of TITLE - S##E## but you can change the mask to suit your needs. If you have the web ui running, search the configuration for mask, and then remove the season and episode information from the title. Unfortunately that won't affect what have already been imported, but you can re-import those videos, if you want the titles to be changed, or use niems webserver to edit the titles if you only have a few.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartsell View Post

or don't import the recordings into the sage db, leave the title mask set to the default, and use TVE (link in signature)... it seemlessly groups imported tv with recorded tv.

ok... shameless plug over
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Sage User

Thanks. Ill give both a try
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Has the 'ignore folders' part actually been implemented in v3 yet? I ask because putting just 'Trailers' in there fails to get it to ignore a folder called 'Trailers'!

TIA,

Nick.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Hi,

Has the 'ignore folders' part actually been implemented in v3 yet? I ask because putting just 'Trailers' in there fails to get it to ignore a folder called 'Trailers'!

TIA,

Nick.
I added a bug so that I can remember to test if filtering is working or not, and fix it, if it's not working.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
I had that same problem last week with jetty. I redownloaded the jetty zip and unpacked everything again. Re-edited the config files and it was back up and running.
not sure why it worked but i am now getting farther, thanks. Now I get the following errors what httping to bmt:

failed to get status for sagetv
failed to get status for phoenix

when i try to scan (and not update) i get "service returned an error"

sagetv is up and i understood phoenix did not need to be separately installed.

thanks for any assistance..
1 x HD200 - connected to 150FD
1 x Sage TV server
Pioneer VSX92THX receiver
Monitor one 5.1 surround speakers
Sony S550 Blueray
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

mayhewda... the bmt server code is generating errors... the mailcheck log will probably have more information as to what the exceptions are. It almost seems as if you don't have all the correct jars installed. You should check your JARs folder and see if you have any duplicate jars with different versions. If you do, then that could be your issue.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhewda View Post
not sure why it worked but i am now getting farther, thanks. Now I get the following errors what httping to bmt:

failed to get status for sagetv
failed to get status for phoenix

when i try to scan (and not update) i get "service returned an error"

sagetv is up and i understood phoenix did not need to be separately installed.

thanks for any assistance..
I upgraded to Jetty 1.6 tonight and I got the same "failed to get status" errors. My problem was that I also changed my port from 8081 to 8080 and I accessed the bmt app on port 8081. Because of browser caching, the UI would load, but it would generate an error. When I tried to force a full page reload (shift + reload), I got a 404 error, and realized that I was pointing to the wrong port.

As a sure rule of thumb when updating the bmt web application, I would remove the bmt directory from the jetty webaps directory, and then when you browse to the bmt url, I would force a refresh (shift + reload) to ensure that you are not using a cached version of the application.