SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks stuckless! I thought I copied the config in the pdf document but it was late so who knows what I did. I'll try it again tonight.

Last edited by chrishallowell; 04-22-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

PLUCKYHD, i'm pulling banners from tvdb for sure... but I'll have to check if i am from themoviedb or not.... (I thought I was).
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
PLUCKYHD, i'm pulling banners from tvdb for sure... but I'll have to check if i am from themoviedb or not.... (I thought I was).
The only reason I ask is I don't see it pulling any and plus I don't see banners on themoviedb site anywhere maybe i am missing something....

Either way I love your addin my wall import wouldn't be without it.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've added it to the enhancement list.

I only have a couple of extenders, but yeah... I could see where setting up 6 would be a challenge. Normally I leave sagemc installed on the server and i switch back and forth between it and the default stv... i never really remove it. As for your extenders.... could it be as simply as cloning a "master properties" in the clients subdir, and overwriting the other client properties with it?
You can actually set up RemoteClients.properties.defaults to contain defaults which are used by all clients connecting. My issue/dilemma is how do I easily back out the changes to various properties files , all the images, etc., to clean it up. I suppose there isn't any real harm in leaving it there.. I just like to keep it to the essentials.

B
Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI... I've updated the first post and the download area to contain an online link to sflamm's install document.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The first time through, it should prompt you, but if there are no search results, then it won't automatically select anything (that's B's issue above). But if you were prompted with a list of a couple of times, and then you selected, an item, then it should store that item in the metadata-titles.properties. After the scan is complete, you can check that file to see if it did store your selection. If it's not, then it's a bug.
For me its not adding entries to the -titles.properties file with DVD Profiler.
I upgraded to 2.2
deleted my \cache directory
cleared my metadata-titles.properties file
and ran: java -jar metadatatool.jar --provider=dvdprofiler --overwriteMetadata --fanartFolder=\\svr1\sage\fanart \\svr1\dvd
It indexed my dvd folder, prompted me for 39 out of 322 titles (only 1 of which didnt have any suggestions). At the end my metadata-titles.properties is empty. Originally (before upgrading) there were items in the -titles file. The only thing different i did before was also run the tool for fanart (--fanartOnly --provider=themoviedb.org-2), so maybe it works for some providers but not all???. I attached the metadata-updater.log...
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadataupdater.zip (262.7 KB, 171 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks... I'll add a bug and check this out.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks... I'll add a bug and check this out.
We are the ones that should be thanking you for the fantastic tool
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I still can't seem to get my new composite provider to show in the Metadata/Fanart Sources list.

I copied sflamm's pdf code for the composite provider.
I ran:
Quote:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar –listProviders
and it listed the composite provider.

I'm able to use the composite provider just fine using the command line.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

chris... I just want to clarify a couple of scenarios....

1. if you are using the bmt automatic plugin, then bmt needs to be installed on the sagetv server.

2. if you are using a sage client (not extender or placeshifter), then the bmt package and configuration aslo needs to be installed on the client machine as well.

3. if you change the bmt configuration (metadata.properties) then you'll need to restart the client/server (depending on where you changed the configuration)

So, if you configured bmt on the server, then you'll need to also configure bmt for any windows clients as well, if you want to use the manual fanart search.

Does any of this apply to your problem?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

stuckless:

quick question - if you ONLY installed it on the server, then the software clients will still see the right metadata/fanart, correct? (assumes the FanArt directory is a UNC path)

you only need to install it on the client if you are planning to manually run the tools from there, yes?

Or do I have this wrong?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

That is correct... but if you are using sagemc, then you'll need either the phoenix jars from bmt or the phoenix download site.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Ok - so I should add "install Phoenix API" for clients running SageMC to the installation instructions then, yes?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah.... i think that meinmaui adds that note in his releases as well.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I just tried version 2.2 and it is downloading the banners, backgrounds and posters for me. Thanks!

It still is not properly parsing recorded shows. Where is that on your "to do" list?

Thanks again for the great work.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Sage Expert

Just saw this over on the release notes for the new 6.5.14 beta just released:

Quote:
5. Added MediaFile API call: SetMediaFileMetadata(MediaFile, Name, Value) which sets the corresponding metadata property in the MediaFile's format. These are set in the database and are also exported to the corresponding .properties file for that MediaFile. When it exports it will append these updates to the .properties file. It will also update the property "custom_metadata_properties" (which is a semicolon/comma delimited list) which tracks the extra metadata properties that should be retained. Names used must not match standard attributes that SageTV imports (i.e. title, description, actor, etc.)
Does this present opportunities to improve this plugin? Or is this not related?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Does this present opportunities to improve this plugin?
That function call is pretty much the final piece of the metadata puzzle in SageTV, so i'd say yes
Old 04-23-2009, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
That function call is pretty much the final piece of the metadata puzzle in SageTV, so i'd say yes
I have a feeling things are going to get very interesting.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

tom, My "todo" list the the issue tracker for the most part... so thanks for adding an issue there. That way I won't forget about it

I'm currently working on better recorded tv support. In your case, are you referring to recorded tv shows that are in the wiz.bin (ie already known recordings) or are you referring to recorded tv shows that have been lost from the wiz.bin (ie does sage already have some metadata for the show, such as series name, episode title, etc)

And, are you referring to recorded shows via the automatic plugin or the commandline or both?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I have a feeling things are going to get very interesting.
That's a great addition to the metadata family... I've already begun work on testing it, and it's working nicely so far