SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-07-2008, 05:40 PM

Question px-tv402u not recording in divx format

Hi all,

I have setup sage tv with my plextor px-tv402u this unit has the capability to record in divx/mpeg4 quality. I have used it with some other software gbpvr awhile back and it did record in this format.

I have read in this forum about setting the mmp timeshifting setting to false in the sagetv.properties. I have done this and it still does not record to divx format . the resulting output is in .mpg format. I read where it does this while recording and then unwraps it to avi.

I would really like to have it record to this format as I have pmp's that use this fomat and it would be a pain to have to convert every video I record.

Has anyone else experienced this and how did you solve it.

I have just downloaded the trial version and will purchase it I can get this to work properly

help help help

thanx

sunkist
Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 PM

video conversion stopped

I found in sage converting to avi 1% of a video and several waiting. it must have been like this for 24 hours because the movies i recorded were from Sunday. does anyone know why it stopped? and how I can fix this

thanx
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator

It has been a long time since I used my Plextor tuner -- have you tried searching the forum for this issue? If no one else is familiar with the tuner, you should probably try SageTV tech support.

BTW: I think you need to have the Intervideo WinDVD Creator software that came with the device installed. Not having it installed might have been the issue about the conversion not completing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 PM

yes, I have tried to search but I have not found anything. I do have intervideo connected. I used this with gbpvr. I then stopped recording for a long time and tried to use gbpbr but had some trouble getting it to work again. So here I am

failing to correct this, is there any good conversion software. I need mpeg4 and or divx have 2 ipods and 1 cowon q5.

thanx for your response

Sunkist

so far I love sagetv. still on a trial will expire in 18 days. I will purchase after the trial period
Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 PM

Unhappy sage does not unwrap to avi

I am using the Convertx PX-TV402U in high quality theater mode. Sage 6 records well however the files remain in and avi wrapped in MPG. Sage is not automatically unwrapping.

How can I unwrap manually?

How can I get sage to unwrap

it just get stuck at 1% I then try to take these files and convert in a converter program but get errors.

what is the sage standard conversion format. for now I would like to record the mpg format and use a conversion program until I can get this resoveved

* merged *