SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Recording in Divx?

Is there a way, other then the plextor, to record in Divx or xVid formats? I realize that most, if not all capure cards, are mpg2 hardware endcoding. I am hoping for an unattended software option. Thanks.
-Skybolt
Old 08-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
I bought the Plextor wanting t use the DivX option. After about a week of that I went back to the mpeg2 recording in DVD quality. The DivX encoding was only single pass and the space saving was so minimal that it wasn't worth the extra cycles to encode in DivX. There is a plugin that does the encoding on the fly as well but for me if you truly are going to use SageTV as a DVR solution you will be deleting the shows after sometime or keeping very specific shows for later. In that case you can do a thourough job of encoding to save space.
Router: Dlink DGL-4300

Using Wireshark to Troubleshoot Network Issues with your SageTV Setup
Old 08-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrApollinax
... There is a plugin that does the encoding... but for me if you truly are going to use SageTV as a DVR solution you will be deleting the shows after sometime or keeping very specific shows for later...
Any Idea where the Plug-In might be? I scowered the downloads section and could not locate it.

Wanting to use Divx is not a space concern really(Just a Perk) I use MCE as my primary HTPC in my media room. I have gotten Divx to look much nicer than MPG's when recorded from cable, by using ffDShow. Currently I need to convert them into Divx and it is not really worth the effort. The recordings from SageTv give have given me a little trouble playing them and have crashed MCE a few times.

-Skybolt
Old 08-27-2006, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

You might look at this .
Old 08-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
You might look at this .
Ahh - Thank you