SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

This worked perfectly! Thank you.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage User

Music stop working after installing ArcSoft TotalMedia (bundle with the HD PVR)

Music stop working after installing ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme. If I remove this software, music is working again (but the HD PVR cannot record anything!).

This bug has been described in june in this thread :
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33517
...When I play any song it acts like it will play it, but the timeline skips to the end of the song and never plays it. If I try to play a playlist it just skips through each song in the playlist one-second each without playing any music at all...
Anybody has a solution to this problem ?

Thanks

* merged *
Old 09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Sage User

Problem solved

Problem solved : I added a videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter entry in my sagetv.properties file (as explained in post #37)
AND (very important) stop/disable the SageTV Service.

It seems the SageTV Service is not using the mp3_audio_decoder_filter entry.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoiding Vista View Post
Thank you for the fast help with the log file and the earlier postings. I have now solved the issue using procedure in post #26. Interestingly on my system after Arcsoft TME install, MPA Decoder Filter had been replaced by ArcSoft Audio Effect HD in the DShowGraphFilters= line.

To assist other new users facing this issue, I have expanded the Post #26 procedure to describe what I did:

Note: Procedure assumes service isn't being used and showing the problem, if it is, modify the client properties instead.

1. Uninstall Arcsoft TME
2. Go to Sage TV folder (normally in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV on XP).

Edit sage.properties and add this line:

debug_logging=TRUE

Enter the line exactly as shown above. TRUE must be in all CAPS for this property.

NOTE: Before editing the properties file, make sure SageTV or the service is not running. If you edit the properties file while SageTV is running, the change will be ignored.

2. Open SageTV & play a MP3 in SageTV. Close Sage TV.
3. Open the client log (sagetv_0.txt in Sage TV folder) and search for the line that starts with:
I'm a trial user of SageTV and I'm having these same issues. However, I'm also having some other issues that I hope someone can help me with. I'm running SageTV version 6.4.8.184 as a server/client on Vista32. My MP3's play fine with Windows Media Player.

1. I unistalled Arcsoft TME and STILL my audio will not playback.
2. I go into my SageTV folder (C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV) and I cannot edit the sage.properties file per the instructions. Besides, I don't think this is the correct file, as all I see are a bunch of commands that look like these...(this is a sample)

ui/numeric_text_input_fr_2=ABC2
ui/numeric_text_input_fr_2_lower=abc2
ui/numeric_text_input_fr_3=DEF3
ui/numeric_text_input_fr_3_lower=def3
ui/numeric_text_input_fr_4=GHI4
ui/numeric_text_input_fr_4_lower=ghi4
ui/numeric_text_input_fr_5=JKL5
ui/numeric_text_input_fr_5_lower=jkl5

Am I looking in the right file? If so, how do I add the line debug_logging=TRUE to this file and save it?

I've ensured there are no hidden files in the folder, yet I'm stuck on what do to. Can someone help me figure out what to do? Are my problems because I'm running an unregistered (trial) version? I'd rather not spend $80 on a software program that does not work for me, so I'd prefer to fix it during my trial period.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get MP3 playback in SageTV?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpollock View Post
Can anyone help me figure out how to get MP3 playback in SageTV?
Collin, I assume you're using those instructions because your using XP? If your using Vista, these will work great:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
Change your properties file line to:
videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter=MP3 Decoder DMO
and your mp3's will play without issue.
Either way, because you're using SageTV in client mode you will need to change the setting in the SageClient.properties file, not Sage.properties file.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Instructions for Fixing MP3 Playback Error from TME

I've updated the original post of this thread with detailed instructions on how to fix this error (mp3's won't play after installing ArcSoft's Total Media Extreme Software) for both Windows XP and for Microsoft Vista.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 PM

Thank you Gollyjer and Brent for your feedback.

I'm using SageTV on Vista. I am trying to setup the system to be a server/client in one box. I therefore definitely do not have a sageclient.properties file.

My problem remains where I am unable to save any changes to my sage.properties file which is located at C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV. I get some response that says the defaults file cannot be changed. Searching my entire hard drive, I cannot locate any other sage.properties file.

I suspect my problem lies with the fact that I'm running a trial version of SageTV, but I cannot be certain unless I subscribe. It's kind of a catch 22 for me, because I really don't feel like dropping $80 for a software program that I don't even know will work for me. I've been fighting with my Hauppauge HD PVR and this software for 3 weeks now. This MP3 problem is just one more strike against me wanting to buy this software.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you shut down SageTV and SageTV Service completely before editing the properties file?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpollock View Post
My problem remains where I am unable to save any changes to my sage.properties file which is located at C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV. I get some response that says the defaults file cannot be changed. Searching my entire hard drive, I cannot locate any other sage.properties file.
See this FAQ:
How do I edit the properties file? The settings don't change when I change them.

Quote:
I suspect my problem lies with the fact that I'm running a trial version of SageTV
The trial works the same as the registered version.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:37 PM

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the gap in replying. I just wanted to let you know that I've managed to get this issue resolved, thanks entirely to your valuable feedback. As it turns out, my sage.properties file was located in a virtualstore folder that I needed to update. For those with similar problems, the link to find this folder is explained here...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...402#post237402

Thanks again to everyone for getting me up and running.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I tried this. the "videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter=" did not exist so I added it as:

"videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter=MP3 Decoder DMO"

It did nothing to fix the problem. Oh well, its not like the Sage Multimedia Center is any good anyway.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourd View Post
OK, I tried this. the "videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter=" did not exist so I added it as:

"videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter=MP3 Decoder DMO"

It did nothing to fix the problem. Oh well, its not like the Sage Multimedia Center is any good anyway.
Did you follow the instructions? If so you might not necessarily have MP3 Decoder DMO - it might be something else. Read over the instructions and follow them exactly. It works - I know cause I've used them three different times successfully.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Did you follow the instructions? If so you might not necessarily have MP3 Decoder DMO - it might be something else. Read over the instructions and follow them exactly. It works - I know cause I've used them three different times successfully.
All fixed. In Vista you edit the client properties not sage properties as directed in the instructions at the beginning of the thread.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
All fixed. In Vista you edit the client properties not sage properties as directed in the instructions at the beginning of the thread.
The instructions at the top of this tread do say to edit client properties...
Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The instructions at the top of this tread do say to edit client properties...
Actually, it doesn't.

Quote:
2. If using SageTV Client, Open up SageClient.properties. If just using SageTV and not client Open up Sage.properties in a text editor.
I was doing this on my SageTV machine, not a client machine. I think the confusion is that if you are running the SageTV service, then you should treat the SageTV application as if it were a client. This information is not offered anywhere that I can see in the original post.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually, it doesn't.

I was doing this on my SageTV machine, not a client machine. I think the confusion is that if you are running the SageTV service, then you should treat the SageTV application as if it were a client. This information is not offered anywhere that I can see in the original post.
I guess it's just a misunderstanding of what you're dealing with. If you are running SageTV as a service, then all SageTV PC's are clients - it's just the way it is with SageTV. I'll try to clarify the original post so others aren't confused as you were.

Update: So does this make it clear enough?
Quote:
If using SageTV Client (if you're running SageTV as a service then this is you!), Open up SageClient.properties.
If not, let me know what language would make it better - the whole point of the post was to help others.

Last edited by Brent; 11-18-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yup, that is real clear now!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I'm running XP Pro SP2 and I followed the instructions exactly, but when I reinstall TME I still get no MP3 playback. The line I copied and pasted after "videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter= " is

Quote:
Default DirectSound Device,MPEG Layer-3 Decoder,MPEG-1 Stream Splitter,E:\My Music\Various Artists\SXSW Showcase\Coughee Brothaz-14K-Rob Quest of the Odd Squad - Those.mp3,
I also tried it the following ways

Quote:
Default DirectSound Device,MPEG Layer-3 Decoder,MPEG-1 Stream Splitter

Quote:
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder,MPEG-1 Stream Splitter
And I tried reinstalling/uninstalling TME a second time and starting over from scratch, still without success. Any suggestions?
* 4GB (2x2GB) PC5300 DDR2 667 Dual Channel
* Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H, Onboard Video, HDMI, PCI-EX, LAN, iEEE (Quad support)
* Samsung LightScribe 20x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW (black)
* AC 97 3D Full Duplex sound card (onboard)
Old 11-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

You almost got there.

Try simply
Quote:
videoframe/mp3_audio_decoder_filter=MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 11-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ach, I should have figured. That did the trick-thanks!
* 4GB (2x2GB) PC5300 DDR2 667 Dual Channel
* Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H, Onboard Video, HDMI, PCI-EX, LAN, iEEE (Quad support)
* Samsung LightScribe 20x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW (black)
* AC 97 3D Full Duplex sound card (onboard)

Tags
music arcsoft totalmedia