SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Channel mapping misery

I have two satellite providers, analog cable, and digital cable hooked up to sage.

Naturaully, some of the channels repeat (for example, CNN). Is there a way that all channels can show up in the guide without having Sage remap them. For example, so that CNN on satellite doesn't map to CNN on the digital cable box since I pay for it on satellite but not on the cable box.

Or do I have to go through the monumental task of remapping everything to working channels? If so, how can I be sure that sage maps CNN to 200 on the satellite and not 200 on the cable box?

Any help appreciated!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Administrator

SageTV knows the correct number internally, but combines multiple copies of the same network into 1 listing in the guide. This is described in a couple of places in the SageTV PDF manual, one of which starts at the bottom of p. 47 for the v6.3-B version of the manual. CNN happens to be used as the example.

And, if some source does not receive the channel, it should be disabled in its lineup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
And, if some source does not receive the channel, it should be disabled in its lineup.
And that right there is the key. Disable it on the channel lineup for your cable tuners and it won't try to tune it on cable.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 05-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you! That works in the case I haven't subscribed to the channel.

However, imagine I have CNN with one satellite provider and also with my PVR150. Ideally, I would like to watch it with my satellite provider since the quality is better. However, occasionally I get rain fade and lose the channel. But since both the PVR150 and satellite provider are mapped to the Satellite provider. I cannot watch CNN even though I know I should be able to with my PVR150.

When I set up my video sources, Sage seems to map the most recent video source. Is there a way to keep channels like CNN on both the satellite provider and the PVR150?

Thanks for the prompt explicit replies.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bump...

Anyone have an idea how I can do this?
Old 05-11-2008, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

While I don't have a solution for you.... It surprises me (given the # of times I see this sort of question) that Sage doesn't provide an EPG option similar to FTA set top boxes. ie, most FTA set top boxes can recieve Satellite from multiple sources and as such, they assign each satellite source a separate id. In the guide, it will show all epg information from all sources, and the channels will be something like 1200 - CNN, 2200 - CNN where the first digit is the source id and the last 3 is the channel. You also have a "default" source so that if you enter 200, it will tune to channel 200 on the default source. If you enter 1200, it will tune to channel 200 on the first source.

Personally I think this method of assigning channels can be very flexible in allowing users to specifically assign recordings against a particular source... ie I only want to recrod CNN on source 1 (sat) but I will sometimes want to watch live on source 2 (cable).

Again, I don't think Sage should change their current model, it would nice to have a second option.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I concur.

Is there somewhere we can make this request?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to enterpryse
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrdude View Post
I concur.

Is there somewhere we can make this request?

DITTO

Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Please please please please please give us this. It is about the only thing that I do not like about sage. I have posted about this in other threads, and even started a thread about it:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30619

but never got any responses. I even came up with a few more reasons that I wanted to disable it, but gave up on it since I couldn't get any dialog going.

-R