SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Any interrest for a Comskip version that can decode VBI/CC from TS or DVR-MS?

would it be useful if Comskip could decode TS VBI/CC data?
It could be used to improve the commercial detection (when used with a library of "unwanted" words) or to generate .srt or .bin files.
What I am investigating is to integrate ccextractorwin functionality into Comskip
Old 04-26-2008, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Anything that improves commercial detection in my book is an improvement.

B
Old 04-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

multi-tasking... sounds like a great idea to me. dad (70% hearing loss) visits once in awhile and CC on the extender would be nice. it's also sometimes funny to see a show that's been "edited" for non-premium channels and someone forgot to edit the CC data That's happened on Sci-Fi a few times.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

that would be great!

Currently I use ccextractorwin and comskip, triggered by dirmon2. I have to set it so that one goes first and then the other or theywill both try to work the file at the same time. If comskip could handle both creating the .smi and the .edl in one pass that would be awesome.

One thing I have notice about ccextractorwin is that it eats up a lot of CPU when it is running and if I let it run while I am watching a HD recording it will cause my HTPC to stutter. So it is a WAF downer... especially when we are watching her show and something in the background finishes and kicks of ccextractorwin. Of course when I kill it, and forget to redo it later she complains there is no CC for her show!

The new Cyberlink PDVD 8 video decoder has been a gosend though for decoding the CC out of the HD mpg file though, so my reliance on ccextractorwin has dropped. Although some shows still pass crap CC on ABC over Comcast QAM in my neck of the woods and in that case having the .smi file from ccextractorwin is a life saver... or a WAF saver...
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart