SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Sage User

Another sageTV .iso question

What needs to be in the .iso file for sage to recognize it and list it in your imported videos area? I've added .iso and .ISO to the list of formats to support but none of my .iso files show up, I assume its a metadata issue or something...

Thanks,
Sam
Old 02-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Administrator

SageTV doesn't natively play .iso formats; for imported hard drive based DVDs, see Appendix I in the PDF manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

You could use daemontools to mount the ISO, and play it in Sage as a DVD disk, or just unpack the VIDEO_TS folder from the ISO
Old 02-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage User

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies. Yea, for my standard def DVDs I rip them to folders and SageTV finds them (and I use PowerDVD to play them). But I'm wanting to have SageTV see my HD-DVD/BD-DVD .iso files and then use external commands to have them play in PowerDVD. This seems totally dooable if I could just get the .iso files to show up in my video directory, then I could use the play_dvd.cmd and play_media.cmd files to play them. Any ideas?

Thanks much,
Sam
Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Sage User

Anybody? I'll buy yea a beer

Sam
Old 02-29-2008, 04:09 AM
Sage Icon

Here's what Sage can play:

.mpg,.mpeg,.mp2,.mpeg2,.mpe,.avi,.divx,.mpg1,.ts,.wmv,.asf,.wm,.tivo,.m2t,.vob,.flv,.mp4,.mov,.trp,.m4v,.ogm,.3gp,.mkv,.dvr-ms

You'd have to figure out how to mount the iso with daemon tools (like WebGuide4 for WHS can) to play it.

P